Welcome!

Welcome! I'm sure you're here because you love hobbits

Welcome! I'm sure you're here because you love hobbits. Heck, I adore them (I'm actually listening to The Cat and the Moon on repeat as I write this)! There's something so beautifully rustic and charming about their looks and lifestyle you can't not love to bits. Plus, with hobbit day dawning on the horizon, I thought it would be a perfect chance to finally release this book that's been on my mind for a while. I introduce to you, THE LITTLE BOOK OF HAPPY HOBBIT THINGS!

Here I'll post random oneshot featuring Frodo, Sam, Merry, Pippin and Bilbo primarily, although I'll be sure to include Thorin (because we all need a little Bagginshield in our lives) and the rest of the Fellowship of the Ring, as well as some less featured hobbit character somewhere along the line. I may post some things separately from this book or repost some of my previous hobbit works in this book, so if you see a story twice there's a good reason for it.

However, this book won't just be all me. I've had the privilege of meeting people as passionate about LOTR as I am on this site, and chatting with the them has been delightful. Which means of course, requests are always open! So if you happen to stop by and think that you'd love to contribute your ideas to this book, feel free! There are only a few rules you must abide by:

1: This is the book of happy hobbit things, so make sure your concepts stay fairly family friendly and fluffy. Otherwise, you have total creative freedom. Sorry to limit you slightly, I just prefer to write fluff as opposed to darker stuff. Of course I don't entirely refuse a little sadness or darkness if it's a key plot point in your story, it's just got to have a general happy tone and end on a high note. :)

2: Any ships allowed! Be it SamFro, Bagginshield, heck, even Frodo and Aragorn (whatever their ship name is), it's allowed in this book! Make sure the ship includes a hobbit though, of course.

3: Do not send me any full stories, for I don't want to publish your own works in my book. Just give me the concept and I'll work with it as best as I can. I'm sorry if some parts maybe aren't what you want, as it depends on how much creative freedom you give me. Like, you can plan out a synopsis of a story about Frodo, Merry and Pippin leading a great song and dance number in the Green Dragon, or just say 'Bagginshield. Literally anything Bagginshield anything pls'.

4: Oneshots only! They can be fairly long if that's how they end up being, but I won't do stories in parts.

5: Only submit your own ideas, do not steal or plagiarise from other creators.

6: If I'm taking a while writing your request, it'll usually be due to schoolwork purposes and I assure you I'll try to get it done as soon as possible. I apologise if your idea is held back quite a while, but I assure you it's always for a good reason involving homework or something. This year is a particularly busy one for me, so please remember to be patient.

7: Have fun and go crazy with your ideas! I look forward to writing them. :)

Keep all this in mind when creating your request and your wish will surely be granted! You will, of course be credited for the idea, no doubt about it. Happy writing!

That's just about it! I hope you have as much fun with this book as I do, and have a great Tolkien week for next week!

PS: And, why not;

"Downsides went up- hey!

Outsides went wide.

As the fiddle

Played a twiddle

And the Moon slept till Sterrenday.

Upsides went west- hey!

Broadsides went boom.

With a twiddle on the fiddle

In the middle by the griddle

And the Moon slept till Sterrenday."

- The Lord of the Rings Musical, 'The Cat and the Moon'

- Nicky ❤️