Thank You, For Everything

Hi everybody! Back at it again with the sappy hobbit fanfiction! Here's some more Sam and Frodo, because this is me we're talking about. I love them so much, any format, representation, time or place. This work is perhaps not the best I've done, but I'm trying my best to get better with my writing. 

This includes a brief reference to "Sick Again, Mr. Frodo?", but by no means do you have to read that story to understand this one. But if you have, even better! 

This story may seem like... There's something missing. It does to me at least. Through this book I intend to publish and work on Sam and Frodo's childhood memories before the quest of the ring, just happy fuzzy times in the Shire of the two growing up together. This is where they first meet, and although it cuts to much further on in the end, there's some parts in the middle I have yet to write. They're mainly just fluffy adventures of the two of them, and will be similar to Sick Again, but with different concepts to make them more interesting. 

Still, I hope you enjoy the latest enstallment to this book, and will continue to read it! Your support and criticism on my writing is an essential part for me to grow and shape my ideas, and is much appreciated. Thank you all! 

Anyway, without further ado, enjoy the story! 

- Nicky 💚

PS: I hope to someday publish some original works of mine that aren't based on existing fandoms. Do tell me if you wish to see that sort of thing, I really need to stop procrastinating and get to it 😅

"Frodo, do you know what day it is today?" Bilbo asked him as he tried to brush through his tangled dark curls.

"Well... It's April 6th, isn't it uncle?" Bilbo was silent until it finally hit Frodo. "The Gaffer's sixth child is going to be born today aren't they?" Frodo suddenly said, springing up from the chair, causing Bilbo to drop the brush. Frodo ran down the hallway and into his room.

"What are you doing lad?" Bilbo asked, looking at the door his nephew had disappeared behind in confusion.

"Today is a special day!" Frodo called, "I have to get ready, properly ready!" He said. Bilbo just smiled. Thorin came into the room holding three cups of tea.

"Where's the little one run off to?" Thorin asked as he gave Bilbo a cup, as well as a kiss on the forehead, and set the other two cups down.

"Our friends, the Gamgees, you know, our gardeners? They're expecting their sixth child today." Bilbo said, placing an arm around his beloved's waist.

"Goodness gracious, sixth? I often forget the amount of children regular hobbits have when I look at our little patchwork family."* Thorin said.

"But they can do whatever they jolly well want. We're happy where we are, even if it isn't considered 'normal' around here." Bilbo smiled. Sure enough, Frodo came out of his room all of a sudden, wearing a green waistcoat and short brown trousers. His shirt was a pale yellow colour and had rolled up sleeves. He put his hands on his hips proudly.

"What's with the sudden change?" Bilbo asked, marvelling at the young hobbit's speed.

"Well, I wanted to wear something special. This is one of my best outfits." Frodo remarked matter-of-factly.

"Of course Frodo. But you may have a while to wait yet. We don't know when the baby is coming." Thorin said gently.

"For sure!" Frodo said, and he bounced down the corridor and out of sight.

Thorin noticed Bilbo's face turn from an understanding smile to a solemn and almost grievous look.

"Bilbo-love?" Thorin said, looking at him in surprise.