Chapter 5

My mind was telling me to leave, get out of the house and ignore the little girl. But my body was being drawn to the room.

I walked up the remaining steps and peered into my room. On the floor was a young girl, her dress was stained with blood from what I could tell and her back was to me. She had curly brown hair, which was knotted and tangled. She giggled and turned around. "Come on, lets play!"

Her eyes held me in my place, captivating me. Her tone bittersweet as she smiled mischievously. Before I could even think I was walking into the room, slow and steady, my steps never faltering.

My mind was screaming at me to run, leave, look away... I couldn't.

Her tiny hand was held out to me, gesturing for me to take hold. My fingertips twitched, my arm rising from my side as I began to reach forward... Look away, don't grab her hand! Every fiber of my being was screaming at me..

I looked away from her hand, and into her onyx eyes... My arm felt heavy as I looked into her endless sockets. The pressure in the room dropped, my senses coming back to me momentarily as I stumbled away from the dark child.

Her eyes grew wide, and I wondered why... Before I could question anything, arms encircled my waist, pulling me back and into a firm chest.

Said chest rumbled as my current captor spoke "Sally, what the hell are you doing here?!" His voice bounced around the room and echoed in my ear. I winced at how loud Jeff was and cringed when his grip tightened around my wound.

I didn't move, Sally smiled at Jeff "I just wanted to play a game with her"

Jeff pulled me back, standing in front of me and I felt myself being pulled again. I look behind me and see Ben smiling at me. "Come on, he'll deal with this.."

I didn't say anything, and followed him downstairs and into my kitchen.

"Who is she?" I asked. Ben sat at the table, smiling "That is Sally, shes one of us.. Only, she wanted to kill you too."

I bit my lip before speaking again "Do you want to kill me?"

He chuckled "I'm not a fan of it... I have killed, don't get me wrong. But, I am more of a prankster..

I sat down across from him and sighed, running my fingers through my hair. "How did I get mixed up in all  of this?" With a small shake of my head I rid myself of the thought and glanced around.

"Why does everyone want to kill me?" I glanced back over at Ben and arched an eyebrow. He softly laughed "You're competition" 

I couldn't think of anything else to ask while I had the chance, nor did I have anything to say to his response. I heard a few thumps come from upstairs before a spine chilling cackle and heavy footsteps coming down the stairs. 

Jeff entered the kitchen with a large grin on his face and said "She's gone now" 

"Why are you smiling?" I asked, watching as Jeff rummaged through my fridge. He pulled out some food and ate it right where he stood. I grimaced and turned away.. More for me to clean...

"Nun of yer damn business" was his muffled reply as he shoved food down his throat. 

=============

After half an hour of trying to convince Jeff that he did not have to stay to 'watch his prey' he finally left and I was able to take a nice hot shower.... Of course, that would be after I went for a walk and did what i've been craving to do all day.

I waited in the shadows of the alley that was behind the house I had my eyes on and listened for a while. When I was sure nothing could interfere with my plans I crept over to a window and slid it open. I guess the man who lived here thought he was safe becasue he was a cop.

No matter, he'd die regardless… I smiled to myself and crept around, searching for the man's room.

That is, until I felt a hand over my mouth and a blunt object being shoved into my lower back.

"Don't fucking move"

AN: Short I know.
Boring, I know.
I apologize.  I just needed to update and give you guys something...
Cliffhanger, I know... they suck, especially when the last chapter had one. Updates will be slow... I know I haven't posted in a while and I'm sorry. Anyway, please comment and vote and share with your priest ^~^