q & a's

QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS YAY

I'll start with Lane and Aspen's, and end with mine!

Lane, what made you suddenly love Aspen so much?

Lane: It wasn't so much as suddenly being completely in love with her, as much as, suddenly realizing it. I could tell I was slowly starting to develop some sort of feelings for her. But, then after I told her I knew her name, I knew who she was, when she didn't answer right away; or at all, really. Then, it hit me like a train, just how much my feelings had amplified. It took a while to admit to myself that I loved her; so I never mentioned it, because I kind of just swept it under the rug.

Aspen, why Lane? Why loose your virginity to someone who was highly intoxicated and had a very high percent change of not remembering?

Aspen: Oh, God. Lane is the kind of guy, you know won't stick around. He's quiet and popular, but doesn't ever get attached to people. The only person I'd seen him around for long periods of time, is his best friend Sam.
I never felt I deserved someone special, it didn't matter who my "first time" was, because I wouldn't mean anything to them no matter what. And when Lane spilt his beer on my blouse, and his eyes were soft and glazed over and he continuously touched my hair and never did anything that threatened me, I decided to go for it.
I'd been having a bad night, and I just wanted to forget. And a sweet, drunken Lane was the perfect contestant.

Aspen, did you regularly sleep around with guys?

Aspen: Honestly? Yeah, I did. I went to parties when I needed to forget, and parties were full of beer I could chug and guys that would willingly undress me.
[Lane takes hold of Aspen's hand.]
Some months were worse than others. Some months I didn't at all, but others, yeah.

Aspen, why did you go to parties if you were such a 'nerd'?

Aspen: Ah. I wasn't only a nerd, but a nerd with no friends. I went to parties to get drunk and have sex.
If I didn't need sex, I'd get drunk at home.
I went to parties to forget, as I said before. This was the easiest option I could find.
I highly regret it, truthfully. But you can't change the past.

Lane, who was your first kiss?

Lane: I-uh.

[Aspen snorts.]

Lane: It was in fourth grade with a sixth grader at the carnival. She had thick eyeliner and dark hair. Her name was Jana and her younger sister, Arena kissed Sam. The kiss was sloppy and went she winked at me her mascara stuck together.

Aspen: Sounds like Nicolia.

Lane: Aspen's a way better kisser.

Aspen: Obviously.

Lane: Aspen's prettier too.

Aspen: Damn straight I am.

Aspen, how was holding Oliver's hand uncomfortable and wrong?

Aspen: Oh my God, his name's Oscar.

Lane: He's not important, so his name is irrelevant.

Aspen: Just about everyone that asked a question about him, called him Oliver.

[Lane rolls his eyes.]

Aspen: He refused to lace our fingers together. We would only cup each other's hands, or he'd just grab my wrist. I don't like being man-handled. When Lane and I hold hands, it's like we're connected. When Oscar and I held hands, it was like I was being dragged by a stranger. Which, I guess I was.