16: Hidden Agendas

| | Finally 16 is up!! Sorry, you just can't rush art :D

| | Dedicated to davesprite for the very helpful critique! Thank you!

16: Hidden Agendas

It’s been a week since that annoying episode back in Dotonbori.

And they have not heard of Kenoyo at all. They saw him on several month-old commercials of high-end clothing and perfumes, though, with Umari Nao.

Sonya never said anything about it. She was pretty much jollier than her usual self. After all, she was every bit resilient as a rubber band.

Etsuo was glad she was doing well. He also found himself growing more and more comfortable talking with Sonya. She also seemed to have forgotten about him trying to kiss her back in Izo’s house. If she hadn’t, well, she wasn’t showing anything. She wasn’t avoiding him either. In fact, he was having dinner at her place tonight. He had spent the whole day at her house playing a new game on her Xbox—ranting about how she can finally use it again—and she was the one who asked him if he wanted to stay for dinner.

“Sure, I guess,” Etsuo answered, delivering a fatal blow on Sonya’s character. “Yeah! That’s what I’m talking about! I am the champion.”

“Whatever,” Sonya grunted, tossing her controller over to the bed, herself falling along as well. “Oh, my back hurts from playing all day,” she complained.

“Stop whining. You’re just saying that because you lost.”

Sonya scowled put her tongue out.

Etsuo shut down the console and sat beside her. “Want to go somewhere after dinner?”

“And where would that be?” Sonya turned her head towards him.

“I don’t know. Movie?” Etsuo suggested. “Or Club Joule?”

Sonya stared at the ceiling and pondered for a moment.

“I don’t really feel like going anywhere…”

“You lazy bum!” Etsuo teased. “We’re going whether you like it or not!”

Sonya rolled and buried her face in the pillow and shouted a muffled, “No!”

“Oh yeah? Suit yourself. Too bad I was planning to treat you with a good serving of kakigori.

Etsuo counted. Any minute now.

Sonya rolled over to her side and propped herself on her elbows. “Really?”

He grinned at her.

“I’d better call Hideki and Izo then!” she smiled.

“Oi, matte,” Etsuo had his hand caught in mid-air when she reached for her cellphone.

“Why?” she asked.

“I was… t-thinking of…” Etsuo stuttered.

“Of what?” Sonya scrunched up her brows.

“Of maybe just you and me?” Etsuo almost winced, afraid to see her reaction.

“Oh,” Sonya said softly, looking down and setting her cellphone back on the side table.

A full five seconds passed, before Sonya nodded her head. Etsuo let out a breath he didn’t realize he was holding and tried his best hide a smile that threatened to erupt on his face.

“Really?” It was Etsuo’s turn to ask this time.

“Well, yes,” Sonya nodded again. “That’s what I said. Movie then?”