Chapter 4

Been a while.

I'm not gonna even bother with my goofyness today.

Here's your poison.

(Important message at the end of this chapter.)

_____________________

Smash!

I tossed the computer tower out into the garbage can, the screen following it. I heard them smash and most likely break in the community's disposal can.

I sighed in sadness, I was going to miss my internet. I had to dispose it though, Johnathan said it would stop Ben from coming.

Stop all the monsters.

I yawned, making my way back inside. I walked in to the first scent of breakfast hitting my nose, and it smelled good. I looked around to see my dad at the table with his nose in a newspaper and his reading glasses on.

"Morning Daddy..." I said, sitting next to him at the kitchen table. He didn't bother to glance up at me as he muttered, "Morning..."

I looked to see what newspaper he had when mom set a plate of eggs with cheesy grits and bacon with a side of toast in front of me.

"Thanks mom." I said, taking a bite out of the toast as she gave me a motherly smile.

"No problem, sweetheart." She replied.

I heard a loud yawn come from the entryway to upstairs when I turned to see a bedhead and tired Johnathan.

He walked past me, and hit my head like he usually does. I glared daggers into his head and he just shrugged. "It's the brotherly tap, bruh."

"Oh yeah??" I said, stepping the ball of my foot onto his toes and making him yelp out, "Well you keep that 'brotherly tap.' I can't get knots in my head because of you."

He rolled his eyes and sat next to me. "Whatever."

"Now, now, you two! Stop acting immature!" Said mom as she brought in Johnathan's plate.

"Yeah Gabby, learn to grow up..."

"Says the eighteen year old still living with his PARENTS!"

"Enough." Said dad, setting down his newspaper. He took off his glasses and pointed the lenses at us.

"You two both need to learn to grow up. Now how about I take you to the hospital as a little adventure tour? Doctors get real good money these days."

"Uuhhhh...," me and my brother both said in unison.

"I, uh, have another band meeting today..." Johnathan said, continuing to eat his eggs.

Filthy liar.

Dad's gaze shifted to me and he smiled. "What about you Gabby girl?"

"Oh, me? I-I can't, I have to..." I trailed off, trying to come up with an excuse for as to why I couldn't go, "Have to... go to the park! Yeah, just uh, exercise you know..." I said, flexing my arms to look strong.

"Hm... okay, but you kids are missing out, I tell ya." He said, mom handing him his plate.

I finished eating the rest of my breakfast, and put my plate in the sink. I went upstairs, might as well get dressed for the park. I put on some shorts and a yellow T-shirt. I put on some blue sneakers and pulled my brown hair back into a ponytail, and put on a white head band to move my bangs.

I was set as I grabbed a bottle of water and walked to the door, smiling back at my parents.

"Be back in a bit!" I said, walking out the door and shutting it behind me. I trotted down the steps and I went onto the street and started jogging. I went past the stop sign and made my way out of the neighborhood.