Ponyo

Ponyo, Ponyo, Ponyo, Fishy in the sea!

Okay, I'll stop now...

Ponyo was technically the first anime I've ever seen. I remember seeing it when I was like 5 or 6 and it used to be one of my favorites (still is). Just recently, I've gotten more obsessed with anime and Studio Ghibli films so I went back and watched Ponyo. It's still as good as ever, if not better (unintentional poetry).

Aside from the personal nostalgic value, Ponyo is a good movie. You really can't go wrong with Studio Ghibli films. Even though this movie is aimed towards 5 year olds, it's really for anybody. The music is splendid, the art is amazing, and the storyline (although it may be a little weird) is fantastic.

There's just enough romance, adventure, and cute innocence in this movie that you can't help but love it.

Maybe I'm hyping this up a bit too much just because it's one of my childhood favorites... Oh well, I think it's great.

Now time for the summary.

Summary:
During a forbidden excursion to see the surface world, a goldfish princess encounters a human boy named Sosuke, who gives her the name Ponyo. Ponyo longs to become human, and as her friendship with Sosuke grows, she becomes more humanlike. Ponyo's father brings her back to their ocean kingdom, but so strong is Ponyo's wish to live on the surface that she breaks free, and in the process, spills a collection of magical elixirs that endanger Sosuke's village.

Welp, I think that's all I have to say about Ponyo. Now go watch it.