Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid is definitely in my top 3 favorite animes. Side note, is the plural of anime animes or is it just anime? O_o

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid is basically a combination of all my favorite genres: fantasy, romance, slice of life, and comedy. It's so random and funny, even though it's just highlighting parts of the characters' "normal" lives.

Okay, so again, it's another romance... I promise that not all of these are gonna be romance. But on the other hand, romance just thickens the plot so it's not that bad. The relationship is between a lazy woman who's life is pretty boring and a dragon, who is also a woman, at least in her human state. Not too sappy.

Of course, it's not all romance. There's a lot of good comedy (at least in my opinion) and the characters have good development.

The colors are also very pleasing to the eyes. For me, the color scheme of an anime makes a big difference. If the colors are sorta dull, then I immediately find it semi-boring (Ouran Highschool Host Club is an example, still haven't finished it, but my friends like it, so it'll be added later on). If I were to describe the colors, I would say they're very close to Lucky Charms (currently eating a bowl right now 👌).

It seems so random and weird, yet so normal at the same time because it's just showing their daily lives, which include grocery shopping, going to school, and going to a convention. Now it may sound boring, but there is a slight amount of magical fighting between the dragons. And they wreck dodgeball.

Anyways, I don't really know what else to say about it. Just watch it, you won't regret it. On to the summary!

Summary:
As office worker Kobayashi gets ready for work, she is greeted by a large dragon right outside her front door. The dragon immediately transforms into a young human female in a maid outfit, and introduces herself as Tohru. It turns out that during a drunken excursion into the mountains the night before, Kobayashi had encountered the dragon, who claims to have come from another world. Subsequently, Kobayashi had removed a holy sword from Tohru's back, earning her gratitude. Having no place to stay, Kobayashi had offered to let the dragon stay at her home and become her personal maid, to which Tohru agreed. As Kobayashi had forgotten her drunken offering, she is initially reluctant to allow the dragon into her home despite her previous promise, but a mix of guilt and the usefulness of Tohru's dragon abilities convinces Kobayashi to accept her. Despite being efficient at housework, Tohru's unorthodox methods of housekeeping often end up scaring Kobayashi and bringing more trouble than help. Additionally, Tohru's presence attracts other dragons, gods and mythical beings to her new home.

So that's all for today,
Zandar out! 🐛