1- Tutor

"Francesca, c'mon dear! School time!" my mother sings. I open my eyes and-- I'm not in my room...? Oh! That's right. I moved to Islington for my mother's job! How could I forget something as amazing as that? "Idiot," I mumble to myself.

Since I showered at night, all I have to do is wash my face when I walk into the en-suite bathroom.

"Franny! Fifteen minutes!" my mom calls.

"I'm aware!" I leave my blonde hair natural and keep my makeup to a minimum. 

"Francesca! We have to leave in ten minutes!"

"Mom!" I screech. Good lord she is annoying. I put on my uniform (um ew.) which consists of a navy blue skirt that went to mid thigh, it made me feel, I don't know, skimpy. It also had a navy blue blazer with golden buckles and such. Since it didn't matter what shoes you wore, I just threw on white knock-off vans and ran downstairs.

"Ooh, you're first day! I'm so excited!"

I just nod and turn up the radio, munching on my granola bar. In a matter of minutes, we arrived at the school. "Good luck with your client, mom!" I say before exiting the car. She's a lawyer and she has a meeting in about an hour. People ignore me as I walk into the school to pick up my schedule. I already got my books in the mail, so I don't need those.

How can they not have signs toward the main office!? I screech inside my head. I sharply turn the corner, annoyed. But just my luck, I bump into someone.

"Oh my lord, I'm so so so sorry!" Wow I wish I had a British accent.

"No, no. It's my fault. Can you point me to the office?" Oh my god! I didn't stutter! I always stutter!

"Oh my goodness!" she squeals. "You're American!"

I laugh, and mumble a small 'yep'.

"Well, I'll walk ya to the office now," she smiles and leads the way. Eventually we bid our goodbyes, and I was left alone standing awkwardly in the office.

"Oh, hello dear," the receptionist finally says. "How long were you here?"

I lie: "N-not long," and there's the stutter.

"Are you Francesca Banker?" I just meekly nod. "Okay, dearie." After a few minutes of waiting, she pulls something out of the printer. "Oh, you got a year 11 class on there! You're quite bright."

I give a small, forced giggle. "Thanks."

Okay. First class- year 11 science. I easily find the classroom because on the back of a schedule is a school map. When I open the door, it creeks and I wince back. So much for not drawing attention!

"Who are you?" the teacher sternly asks.

"F-Francesca Banker."

She smiles. Bipolar much? I shut the door behind me. "The new student from America?" I give a small nod. "Okay, well, you could sit next to Asa. Asa, dear, raise your hand."

He raises his hand, but I know exactly who he is.

He is THE ASA BUTTERFIELD! Aka Bruno in The Boy In The Striped Pajamas, Hugo in Hugo, Ender in Ender's Game, and my celebrity crush since I was 12. I nod and slowly make my way over to the two person table.

"Hey, I'm Asa," he speaks in a whisper, wearing a smirk on his face.

"F-Francesca." STOP STUTTERING STUPID GIRL!

"Nice to meet you." Mister, you better wipe that smirk off your face before I wipe it off for you with my lips!

'Yeah, you too."

"Let me see your schedule, I wanna see if we have any other classes together."

"We don't," I keep my eyes on the board because I know if I look at him I will get pregnant right then and there. 'I'm a year 10."

He doesn't respond after that, until...

"Okay, here are the worksheets," Mrs. Lindia announced. At least that's what her name is on the schedule. "Work with your partner."

Uh oh.

"I don't get this!" I groan in frustration.

"It's so easy!" Asa laughs. "Look, it's just math. Take the dohickey and plug it into the dinglebopper!"

"That makes no sense!" I laugh.

"I'm kidding, kidding. But all ya gotta do is take the small 'h' and the big 'H' and write 'Hh' in the first box."

"But why! Since you take the little 'h' first why doesn't it go first!" Wow, I am so close to ripping my hair out.

"Because the big 'H' is dominant, which means it always goes first!"

"Whatever, I give up," I shove the paper to the end of the table and put my head in my hands.

"Well, if you really don't understand, maybe I could tutor you?"

I look up and smile sheepishly. "Could you?"

"Yeah, of course! Just write your number and address on my arm."

I giggle and grab out a Sharpie, writing the information on his arm.

"Wow! I live across the street!"

"Wow, really?"

"Yep," the bell rings. "I'll see ya tonight," he winks before getting up.

Oh. My. God.

---

A/N: Hey, new story:) I really hope you like it, and pretty please give me feedback! Not all chapters will be this short, promise:)

Picture of Francesca at the side!!! 

P.S. I'm not British (I'm American) so sorry for erorrs!