3- Welcome Anxiety

Yesterday, my first day, I didn't eat lunch in the cafeteria so I could catch up on last weeks work. But now, I'm in the cafeteria and I have no idea where to sit. I quickly spot Asa and immediately decide against it. It'd be... weird. But I do spot the girl from the hallway that showed me to the office.

I tucked a piece of loose hair behind my ear and made my way to the table. "Hey, can I sit here?" I talk really low, but loud enough for her to hear.

"Can she?" she asks her friends, and they all agree. She motions for me to sit.

"Hi! I'm Tina," a red-head smiles.

"I'm Amber!" this one is brunette, like the girl from the hallway.

"Oh!" hallway girl says. "I never told you, I'm Gemma."

I give a small smile. "Francesca." We engaged in small talk for the rest of the period, then it's time for math.

"What's your next class, Francesca?" Gemma asks.

"Math with Mrs. Tonkin."

"Oh, I have science. What about the period after?"

"P.E."

"Yay! Same. See you then," she waves and walks off.

I smile, wow. I may have an actual friend. Though she is long gone and can't hear me, I whisper a small: "Yeah, see you then."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

As I made my way to gym, I couldn't believe that I made a friend (or maybe two...?). Speaking of Asa, we have another tutoring session tonight. Whatever we were learning in science was so confusing, I just gave up and started doodling in my notebook; and I never do that. Ever.

"Hey, Francesca," Gemma smiles as I walk into the locker room. I return her smile and change into my gym uniform which was a navy blue t-shirt and matching soffee shorts. Since I wore my knock-off vans again, I didn't bother changing shoes.

Gym today was rough. We had to run 12 laps, and between each lap we had to do 10 push ups and 25 crunches. I was the third done out of forty-two. I only did so good because Asa's class was sharing the gym with us. Not like he was watching me...

*Later That Night*

" You did good in gym today," Asa smirks.

Oh my god! He was watching me! I keep my eyes on the paper, copying down his notes. "Gee, thanks.".

"No! I'm serious" he laughs. "Who knew a girl could do all that and not break a sweat?And only in five minutes!"

"Five minutes!" I yell in total awe, taking a sip of my water.

"Okay, you caught me. I fibbed." I knew it. I couldn't possibly do that all that in that small amount of time. "It was three minutes."

And queue the spit take. "Oh my god, Asa! I'm so sorry! I'm so so so sorry. Oh my god that was disgusting!" I ramble on, but he cuts me off.

"Francesca! It's fine," he laughs, wiping off his glasses with his shirt.

"No it's not, but whatever," I mumble.

After a while, I still don't understand what we're doing, but my hunger is becoming inevitable. And, because I can't be embarrassed enough today, my stomach grumbles so loud that there was probably another tsunami in Haiti.

"Hungry?" Asa laughs.

I giggle. "Little bit. Can we grab a snack?"

"Yeah, sure. I'm feeling a bit hungy myself."

When we enter the kitchen, I open up the cupboard to look for cookies.

"Um, Francesca?" Asa asks. I grab the cookies and turn around. "Yeah?" I respond.

He points to an essay on the fridge. I smile at the memory. I wasn't bright as a kid... "That's my first C+."

"Well, I'm aware, but look what it's about."

I begin reading in my head.

For this essay, we were told to write about our future. Well, I already know what I'm going to be. I'm going to be an actor! The reason I want to be an actor is because Asa Butterfield is and actor, and I'm going to marry him. My cheeks turn so red, and I almost cry of embarrasment. "It's my sisters."

"Right," he drags out.

"It's from seventh grade!" I defend. He keeps laughing. I point a stern finger at him, "Never. Tell. Anybody. Got it?" he nods, and it looks like he's about to be his pants. "Anyway, I'm over it."

"Yeah, your over it," he scoffs, finally regaining saneness. "You should've seen your face when you saw I was in your science class." I glare and blush. He's a movie star!

"I hate One Direction, but if I saw Zayn just walking on the street, I'd go crazy. Just saying!"

Asa grabs his bookbag from the small table where he'd left it at when he first got here. "Well, if it helps, I like you, too." he winks and walks out the entryway, leaving my house.

Numb.

That's what I feel, the only thing.

And shock.

Did the Asa Maxwell Thornton Farr Butterfield just tell me that he likes me?

No, he didn't. That was all in my head. I'm going absolutley insane.

---

A/N: Yayyyyyy chapter three:) Dance starts again on Monday, so I wont be updating as much. Maybe about twice a week. This is why I'm updating so much now:)

This story has no scheduled uploading, just putting that out there.

I'm dedicating this story to NiallHoransWifeyyx because she gave me the idea (and name) of of Gemma. Plus she wrote the best book EVER! It's called Changes and the sequel is up, it's called Secrets.

THIS CHAPTER IS UNEDITED

--picture of Gemma on the side--