5- Broken Record

If it helps, I like you, too.

It played like a constant record through my head the next day at school. If it helps, I like you, too. NO, ASA. IT DOESN'T HELP! IN FACT, I'M GOING CRAZY!

"Francesca!" Mrs. Lindina calls, snapping me out of my thoughts. "What's the answer?"

"Um, um..."

"Domestic," Asa whispers oh so quietly.

"Domestic," I say quietly, but loud enough for the teacher to hear.

She smiles. "Correct."

I give Asa small, thanking smile before turning to the board, not paying attention whatsoever. If it helps, I like you, too.

---

"Gemma! Lordy Jesus Gemma," I say, rushing to our lunch table. "Okay okay okay." I go into deep detail of everything that happened last night from my stomach grumbling to me about to sleep.

"Holy crap Francesca, he really said he liked you?"

"Yes! Then he winked! But I'm so confused if it was 'hey let's be buddies!' or 'you, me, my bed, tonight.' Like, oh my goodness, Gemma, I'm going crazy! His words are playing like a broken record through my mind. Gem, I'm going so crazy."

"Oh my gosh," Gemma laughs. This is no laughing matter, Gemma! "This is like a total cliche teenage romance, this is what I always dreamed of!"

"You've always dreamed of your friend going insane because she's totally, I don't even know, just totally totally!"

"Totally totally?" Gemma laughs.

"Yes, totally totally."

"So, you can totally totally give me the homework assignment because you're Francesca and I know you did it?" Gee, Asa, perfect timing! Note the sarcasm.

I roll my eyes and reach into the black hole of my backpack, somehow finding the worksheet. It's all crumpled up, though, so I smooth it out and hand it to him. "Here."

"Thanks, babe." Oh my god, does he have to call everyone babe? It's quite annoying, actually.

"Holy Jesus I'm going mad," I sigh, resting my face in my hands. I have a pounding headache from all this thinking. You know what, I'm so done with school today. I'm going home.

I voice my thoughts to Gemma and go to the bathroom, running my forehead under the super hot hand dryer, doing the same with the hot water.

I tell the nurse I have a headache and my head feels warm, and she buys it.

Before I left the lunch room I told Gemma the nurse will call her thinking she's my mom, so I was able to get home to the comfort of my bedroom. I Began to play Save Rock and Roll by Fall Out Boy while scrolling through tumblr on my laptop. I was so happy to be home, away from Asa and my Butterfeels (Should I not say that? Okay...sorry).

I hear the doorbell ring and look at the clock at the bottom of my screen. 2:50 already?! Wow, I wasted three hours of my life on tumblr... well I wouldn't say wasted, actually. Tumblr is life. The doorbell rings again and this time I get up, leaving the heavenly plushness of my bed. It was Asa.

"Here's your homework," he seems really nervous.

I slowly take the paper from his hands. "Um, okay?" Asa just stands there awkwardly. I roll my eyes and giggle, "Bye, Asa," and try to shut the door, but he stops it with his hand. "Asa, you're scaring me..."

"Sorry, I'm not meaning to."

"So then..."

"I was wondering..." spit ot out, Asa, you can do it! "Wannagoonadatesometime?"

"What?" though I'm well aware of what he said.

"Do I have to spell it out for you?"

I roll my eyes again, the nerve of this eyes. One minute a super shy cutie, and now an egotistical jerk. "Bye, Asa." I'm so sick of this. I begin to shut the door once more, but he stops me again.

"Francesca Nicole Banker! Would you like to go on a date with me!" he screams, probaly disturbing neighbors. I blush beet read.

"I'm sixteen, you're. I'm a year 10, you're a year 11. What will your friends and fans think?" I sigh, it just feels, I don't know, strange.

"I don't care what they think," he said. (OMG I don't usually do A/N like these but eek here's where the title kicks in! Ahh I'm so excited:) Okay, continue reading.) "All I know is that the past few weeks you were here, I really started liking you. That's all that matters." I can't control my blush or smile.

"Sure then, Asa. I'd love to go on a date with you."

Just like that, his lips were on mine. No, he didn't steal my first kiss, but that's a tragic story for another time. I put my arms around his neck, his around my waist. It doesn't last to long, ten seconds maybe, because he just asked me out. And we're aren't even boyfriend and girlfriend yet.

Ha! Like you'll ever date. This is just a one time thing because you're a pathetic loser. My subconscious kicks in. See? She's why I have issues.

"Oh, and Francesca? You gotta stop listening to your music so loudly, I could hear it from down the street." I blush even more, able to hear Fall for You by Secondhand Serenade . "Soon enough neighbors are gonna call the cops on you."

I giggle, arms still around his neck. When I realize that, I remove them.

"I'll text you later tonight, yeah?" Asa asks.

I smile and whisper a small, "Yeah." He repeats my words again and then waves, running across the cul-de-sac to his house. I don't know why, but my mom decided to live in a gated community which is kind of stupid because it's only the two of us in a huge house.

Still smiling, I make my way up to my room. I recently took all my Asa posters down, replacing them with The Script ones. I sigh happily and fall backwards onto my bed like a starfish.

This is the best. Day. Ever.

---

A/N: NO CAPTION NEEDED OMG THIS IS TO CUTE!!!!!!!! ^.^ Well I'm off to go see my teachers embarras themselves... goodbye

*UNEDITED*