CHAPTER NINE

HOME TO MAMACHAPTER NINE❝I DON'T WORK HARD WHEN IT'S EASY, I PUT IN WORK WHEN IT'S HARD

HOME TO MAMA
CHAPTER NINE
❝I DON'T WORK HARD WHEN IT'S EASY, I PUT IN WORK WHEN IT'S HARD. GIRL I NEVER BELIEVED IN LOVE UNTIL I HAD YOURS. THIS IS MORE THAN A SEASON, AND I'M NOT JUST SPRUNG. I'M NOT AFRAID TO TELL YOU, THAT YOU'RE THE ONE.❞

♔ ♔ ♔

      All her past relationships were forgotten about the minute his lips were pressed against hers. Every experience she's ever had was long forgotten because nothing could compare to this newfound sensation that surged through her body as she kissed him. She couldn't compare kisses or relationships or the warm, fuzzy feeling in her chest. Because kissing Tom felt like kissing for the first time, it was new, unusual, and oddly warm.

      Maybe because this is the guy she's had a crush on since she was in primary school, or maybe it was because she could feel his want for her. Because being with Tom made her feel as though her body was on fire, like she was burning at his fingertips as he touched her, as he held her.

      They weren't ready for sex, they weren't ready for the intimacy it'd bring them. But their kisses were intimate enough for now, it fed their hunger for one another, it cured the starved beasts inside of them. 

      Tom laughed breathlessly as he fell back onto her bed, all because she pulled away from the kiss and pushed him. He leaned on his elbows and smirked at her lips that were starting to bruise and the bright red splotch on the side of her neck. "You're looking really nice, Rosie Girl," he whispered playfully only to have Rosé tackle him down. Her legs straddled the side of his abdomen.

      "I'm going to be straight up with you," she said quietly as his hands rested on her sides, his fingers sinking into the soft, white robe. Droplets of water dripped from the ends of her hair and fell onto his chest. "I don't think we should have sex, not now at least. You and I both aren't mentally ready, and as much as we can say that we like each other, it's not enough yet. Because right now I'm technically someone else's girlfriend, someone I know who likes me. And you, God, I don't think you're ready to like someone like me."

      "I'm ready," he began to argue only to have her shush him by quickly pressing her lips onto his. "Rosie . . . " He felt his chest ache as the fresh sting of rejection spread across his body. 

      "I like you, I really do," she said to him slowly as she lowered herself. She pressed her kiss against his once more, but this kiss was much more slow, filled with more passion than before. Rosé pulled away and rested her hands on his chest, her face only inches away from his. "You're not going to be my first, I've lost my virginity before. And I know that I've always been off about this topic whenever we bring it up, but because I know that you see me as this wholesome girl whose remained untouched. I don't want us to rush things or do something we might regret.

      "I'm not ready for sex, not yet," she finalized. "And neither are you. Don't you ever think that I'm not attracted to you, because I am. And God you make it so hard to not just rip off your clothes. But I know that if I do I probably will look at you differently, and I don't want that. I just want to take things slow."

      "I didn't mean to pressure you — "

      "You're not," Rosé cuts him off. She gave him her infamous crooked smile as she rolled off him and laid next to him on her side, her head supported by her hand as she grinned at him. "I hope you don't mind playing the role of the mistress, Tommy Boy. Because I'm a taken woman."

      Tom rolled his eyes as he brought her into his arms. He pressed a kiss against her left temple, her arms curled around him as she tried to snuggle closer to his body. "I refuse to be a mistress."

      "Too late. It's not my fault I'm so irresistible."

      "I can't exactly blame that adorable face now can I?"

      "Nope!"

      "Just letting you know that the face you love so much, I'm talking about mine, isn't so happy."

      ". . . I didn't mean it."

      "WHAT DO YOU MEAN, WOMAN? REYNA AND THEO FINALLY REUNITE AND YOU GAVE ME A CLIFFHANGER?"

      "Tom . . . "

♔ ♔ ♔

      How long has it been since he last saw her? Months? No, no, it has to be years. It felt so long for it to be just a few days that it's almost impossible. 

      All he know is that she's here, right in front of him, and all the emotions inside of him aren't cooperative. Because they're telling him to do so many different things that he can't decide. Part of him wants to yell at her, another parts want him to just turn around and leave her like she did to him, and the other wants to hug her and never let her go.

      Why are you so weak, he thought to himself. 

      He hates how she still has this affect on him, like she still has him under this trance of hers. And no matter how much he wants to free himself, no matter how much he wants to forget about her he simply can't: History has given them too much to forget about. 

      "Theo," she breathed out as the umbrella collected the rain, the droplets of water not touching her pale skin or her thick clothing. But they soaked him to the bone as he dropped his umbrella, the protection easily forgotten as he stared at her. Because rain didn't bother him as much as Reyna Cohen does.

      "Reyna."

      And they were back where they started, from strangers to an unknown future.

♔ ♔ ♔

A/N;

AFTER SO LONG IT'S FINALLY HERE: AN UPDATE FOR FINE LINES. Okay I honestly have no excuse as to why I'm so late, but shit has hit the fan. I got pink eye in my right eye and then gave it to my other eye. So in lament terms I look like shit. And I honestly have no idea what to do with this book still, but that's okay! We're going with the flow of things ya know?

OH SO I POSTED A SHADOWHUNTERS FANFIC, which is cool so if ya'll want to check it out please do so! It's called Ending Scene! And I'm also planning on writing a Dominic Sherwood fanfic? Ooh yes!

Dedicated to semiofsummer! Thank you so much for your concern lovely!

Much Love Guys.

( written: november 17, 2017 )
( published: november 17, 2017 )