Part 27

"Who is that...?" I turn to him.

"Listen, I am so sorry."

"Chandler?" I step back from him and rip my hands from his grasp.

"No Maddi," he steps closer to me," it's not like that. I think we should just stay friends. Being with you can be stressful and my manager is not liking it..."

"So I stress you out?" This is where Hana comes into the picture I guess...

"Well it's hard to commit like this. I'm sorry but it's best to be friends. I'm not trying to be mean but it's like a drama novel with you."

"So your complaining about liking me? Thanks Chandler." I turn around to go inside but stop. "You are not so great to be with either and it's better to commit to something you think is real than just lie and just spit out 'i love you's'. I pity Hana. I feel sorry for whoever has to be with you. You are nothing but another monster. Another person. Another jerk who once was a real loving person." Salty tears slip down my cheeks.

"No. Maddi it's not like that!" Chandler objects. I turn on my heel and look at him. He searches all over my face, looking at my tears, at my hurt. "Maddi." He says almost a whisper. He sounds like someone socked him in the stomach.

"No, Chandler. I think you should leave now." I whip around and run to my bed.

All of a sudden I cry myself to sleep. As I wake up I gasp like there's no air in my lungs. I brace myself on my headboard and nightstand. Then I relax. Breathe in. Breathe out. And in. Then out. I stand up and feel exhausted.

"So," I shake my head. "This is what a broken heart feels like." I get Into the shower and get ready. My outfit: a comfy sweater, black leggings, and my knitted socks. I am definatley not going anywhere. I walk over to my balcony doors and open them for fresh air. I gasp. Chandler, curled up in a ball, asleep.

"Chandler come on. You need to leave immediately." I demand. He doesn't move. I tiptoe over to him and touch his forehead. He has a fever. But he's also shaking. Oh jeez. On jeez. Oh jeez. I need to do something quick. But Pops is at Jakes football game.

"Alright. Come on Chandler." I bend down and pick him up. No movement. "Wow you are heavy!" I struggle but I manage to make it to my bed. Gently, I lay him down under my covers. I run to my closet and get more blankets. I pile them on him. Quickly I start my fireplace and make some hot cocoa for when he awakes. How could someone who broke my heart be so amazing at the same time. I know he hates me but I know I need to help him. I have to. It just won't be right. I walk over to him and trace his face. As I wipe his hair out of his face with my thumbs carfully, he stirrs.

"Maddi?" He looks up at me with his deep, blue eyes.