Heart Break

For Conan, it was just like any other day. Eating breakfast, going to school, coming home to solve a case, it seemed pretty normal. In the afternoon I was told by Ran we were going to visit someone. At first, I thought it would be a friend of hers who wanted to see me or maybe a client with a story to tell. But I wasn't expecting to see someone who Ran saw as a lover, a boyfriend.

It was normal for Ran to move on, but it really hurt to see how happy she was with another person. Of course, I was still happy for her about finally being able to have someone there for her. The thing was, it felt like she was slowly forgetting me, me as Shinichi. She never talks about me anymore, and I noticed that people aren't really bothered that I have disappeared anymore. It's like I am dead to the world, just a memory that is slowly fading.

I cant look at Ran when she is with her lover, it just hurts too much. When he is around, I either go to the professor's house or hang out around a park. Maybe it was a good thing the other me is no longer around, no one cares that he is gone. 

Most nights I cry myself to sleep when I wake up in the morning and Ran asks why I was crying, I always told her it was a nightmare, she couldn't know what was making me cry. She can't know I'm Shinichi.

After a few weeks, I was able to move on as well. I would act normal, but I wasn't as cheerful anymore. I would always have a frown plastered on my face or seem grouchy. The detective boys tried to cheer me up, but whatever they did they would end up with the same result.