Chapter 1

A/n: Hey my dudes! This story was written when I was a freshman (now I am a senior), and my writing was not the best. I've gone back and touched it up a bit, but all of the original ideas were from cringy-ninth-grade-me.

This book was requested by a friend, who came up with the plot of the book. Thank you Abbie :)

Because I've changed things up there may be some funky comments lol. I hope you don't mind.

Word count- 562 words

Warning- the readers mom is dead, sorry :(

Enjoy~

Your POV

It's was really late at night, probably later than I should be up knowing that I had work tomorrow; I worked at the local coffee shop, trying to save up some money. Most eighteen year olds were probably in college, but I want to be a singer. A lot of people say I should get a real job, but singing is my passion. I've been trying to start my own small record label but I need the right technology, so that's why I'm taking many shifts at the coffee shop.

I should be getting some sleep, but here I am, 11 PM watching the movie Sing and eating popcorn. I know some people would say I'm childish but it's one of my favorite movies ever.

Here comes my favorite part: the Show. Every time I watch it it seems like the first. I love all of the characters so much. Besides Mike (sorry everyone that likes Mike), he's an asshole.

Now it's Johnny's turn. I love his voice so much, and I can't help but admit that sometimes I play his song on replay over and over again. It's magical how the movie is animated—the lights, the characters, the music, and the plot is simply amazing.

Well, I don't really like how Johnny's father went to prison because he was in a gang, and he doesn't have a mother, or at least in the film. I know it's what tied the movie all together, that the characters all had their own unique problems, but didn't like it, partially because I can relate.

Yes, I don't have a mom anymore, she died when I was young, and she was my everything. Then there is my dad; we're close and all, but he was never the same after my mothers death. He wasn't there when I needed him to be.

I realized my thoughts distracted me from the awesome performance Johnny did.

Darn.

I was feeling sad, now that I thought of my mom. I hate thinking of it, and I hate talking to people about it even more; I hate telling people about my problems. I just wish I could talk to someone who could relate, someone like Johnny. I know that's stupid, he's just a made up animated—

My thoughts were interrupted when a white swirling light appeared above me. I quickly shut my laptop and scooted back on my bed, pressing my back against the wall. My eyes opened wide as the light grew brighter and brighter, soon I needed to close my eyes because the light got so intense. The light disappeared just as fast as it appeared, and in its absence I could see Johnny standing in my room.

* * *

A/n: I hope you liked it!

See ya next time, my dudes!

~ Becca