free meals

Minghao surprised both Mingyu and himself when he cried of joy after finishing the logo design he lost in one night. Just one night. That was a record. Maybe because it was easier for him to create the same one since he remembered the steps very well. He tweaked a few things here and there, probably creating a design better than the previous one.

"Someone tell me why I took graphic design." Minghao yawns, eyes half open as he stumbles out of his bedroom, both brain and body demanding sleep. Mingyu was on the sofa reading stuff on his phone (or maybe just morning messages with Wonwoo) while a bowl of cereal remains untouched on his lap. Minghao grumbles in disapproval, rambling about how Mingyu should eat the cereal, and fast, before they turn soggy and mushy.

"I like mine soggy," Mingyu says, and Minghao was ready to fight.

"I thought you wanted to become an illustrator?" Mingyu questions, finally putting down his phone and eating the cereal. Minghao groans and grabs his own bowl from the kitchen.

"Oh I don't know; why am I an art major in the first place?" Minghao finishes the carton of milk and throws it into the bin, bringing his own cereal to the table next to the sofa. He and Mingyu agreed to be roomates after Soonyoung introduced him to the tall boy who was also, coincidentally, looking for a roomate who 1. Does not talk a lot and 2. Does not roast Mingyu every 5 seconds. Which screams  Seungkwan, who Mingyu used to room with. Nothing really changed after he moved though, Minghao was kind of talkative; but also tends to be sarcastic on a daily basis. He's not your typical foreign chinese student.

Mingyu studies culinary, which is something you probably would ask twice to make sure it wasn't a joke as you observe Mingyu breaking things, tripping over stuff and constantly, permanently disrupting Minghao's sleep in the morning because the chef couldn't cook in the kitchen without accidentally dropping a pot; and when the pot drops, this horrible sound emits that lasts for seconds and seconds and both of them (including Minghao from the room) cringes at the sound because it's just- okay you know the drill.

"So what's with the stash of coupons?" Mingyu asks, recalling the crumpled stash of free meal coupons he saw scattered on the table. Minghao almost chokes on his cereal when he remembers. He had actually planned on throwing them away, and he was glad he didn't since free meals was actually not a bad thing considering nothing's cheap when you're in college. Free meals were a bonus.

Until you meet that bear mascot guy.

"You wouldn't want to know," Minghao answers, no sense of rejection in his voice and Mingyu knows he'll tell "yesterday was pure hell. I got groped by this bear mascot and turned out it shoved coupons in my pocket." The pocket on my ass.

Mingyu bursts out laughing (Minghao cringing at the milk he sputtered), the Chinese boy regretting his decision on telling him the story. There are times where he wants to punch Mingyu. A lot. Like now, for instance.

"You sure he's not a creepy old man or something?" Mingyu asks in between laughs, wiping his tears away. So much for best friends "I could ask Wonwoo to sue the man over sexual harassment."

"Wonwoo takes law?" Minghao asks, earning a yes from Mingyu plus the additional information where Wonwoo minors in history that he never asked for, and he just nods in reply "I don't think it's an old man, though."

"So you're saying you like it." Mingyu wiggles his eyebrows, a lopsided smirk.

"I don't need another bad day, Mingyu."

"You're not denying it."

Minghao throws a piece of blueberry towards Mingyu, which, the taller seemed to catch inside his mouth. That's it. Minghao was done.