Nightmares

I command you...relive your very worst memory. Have a nice dream!

..........................................................

Katsuki kneeled over beside a hunchback and shivering Deku.

Deku is alright. He's fucking alright. Please.

Deku was so quiet. Katsuki's beating heart crazy with anger and worry, he took a leap of fucking faith and cupped his hands to the hero's face.

He should be glad that Deku felt warm, alive, breathing with no external wounds but his heart stopped when he saw the blank and glowing eyes of Deku. Katsuki grit his teeth in frustration as he realized Deku was still affected by the villain's quirk, his anger starting to boil from his stomach, ready to burst when he imagined a life with Deku without his glimmering forest-like eyes that always made his heart calm even just a smidge. (And he will never tell Deku that, ever.)

"Deku?", Katsuki hears his own voice crack. Damn it! Keep it together. All he got was silence and an unfocused blank stare. He can't see me. Shit! What do I fucking do?!

"DEKU!", Katsuki tried again. He growls in frustration. His worry and short patience being tested. He hears the commotion behind him, the others are fighting the villain. He itches to go to them and beat the fuck out of the villain himself but he can't leave Deku...not like this...unsure on the quirk affecting him.

Shaking him again and again won't do, so maybe..pain? Katsuki immediately jabs a hard right hook on Deku's jaw but not too hard. Katsuki noticed the glow flicked on Deku's eyes so he thinks it was working. When he prepares to swing another fist on Deku, he paused when he noticed the tears starting to flow on Deku's blank eyes.

"Al..l...Mi..ight.." Deku's lower lip shaking.

Katsuki knows that tears. The way that big droplets just pours down, he remembers it on the day......the day of All Might's funeral...and the sleepless nights when Deku had nightmares after. The way those tears stained on Katsuki's shoulders as he tightly hugged Deku on those nights when the nerd would call for him, the tears that went together on his broken cracking voice calling for All Might's name...I sometimes hear him call my name...

He was having a nightmare, and he was sure he was reliving that day, that fucked up day when they lost their symbol of peace.

Katsuki wrapped himself around Deku, his chin resting on his shoulder, his hands interlocking on Deku's back, always doing this again and again every other night. Giving him warmth or something, telling him he was here and he won't go away like their hero did. He had to do this all the time, not just for Deku, but for himself. He feels his own heart break when he sees Deku broken like that. He just can't take another second of him being like this. He just want it to stop. He even wished that All Might was here right now instead of him, he always knew what to do.

"Please fucking snap out of it! Please come back. I'm here. I'm right here. Fuck..."

"Ka..ka-kacchan?"

Katsuki's moved his head back and sees Deku green eyes again. His face is a mess, his eyes are puffy but it's not glowing anymore. He sighed in relief.

"I'm okay now, thank you.." Deku's voice was more like a whisper... kind and gentle. Katsuki lets go of Deku, though a part of him didn't want the it to end.

"The others are fighting the fucker so what the fuck did he do to you?"

"I think it's his quirk." Deku's eyes flickered to the side, his smile faltering and Katsuki knows what shitty things he's thinking of.