The Future Is All A Lie!

"Limbo, I'm starting to get sick." Johnny said.

 "To be fair Johnny, we are on your time traveling demon in the middle of a time rift that is probably bringing a bunch of zombies through it. In the next few minutes, it could be robots that go through it. Or maybe even dinosaurs." Dr. Devin said.

"WHAT!?!?" Johnny said.

"Relax Johnny. Dr. Devin was just messing with you." Limbo said.

"No I wasn't. The world could be destroyed by time we get back to the present. The world could actually be destroyed already, and our only hope to survive would be to stay in the time rift until we all get hungry. Then we would have to eat Meat-Sauce just to survive for another hour. That is until the time rift eventually can't hold all of us without Meat-Sauce. We would then just float of into space and suffocate, and eventually die. Then we would have an 89% chance of getting sucked in by the sun and burnt to a crisp. We would then just be ashes floating in the endless void we call space...." Dr. Devin preached.

"Wow Doc.......You really need to be more optimistic!" Limbo told him.

"Every night I have hope that we will save the day. And then I realize that the fate of the Universe rest in the hands of these 2 idiots." Dr. Devin whispered to himself.

Limbo, Johnny, and Dr. Devin finally arrived at their destination.  It was a difficult journey, and Dr. Devin's theories didn't help anybody stay calm.

When they first take a look they see robots and flying cars and even ice cream cones that can lick for you!

"What year are we in right now?" Johnny asked.

"This newspaper says.....2015." Limbo said.

"WHAT! THAT WAS 2 YEARS AGO!" Dr. Devin yelled.

"Oh wait, I thought that was a zero. It's actually 2815."

"We traveled 798 years into the future and America hasn't been nuked yet?" Dr. Devin asked.

"Why would America need to be put in a microwave?" Johnny asked.

"Remember Dr. Devin, the fate of the world lies in the hands of these chimps..." Dr. Devin told himself.

"Okay Johnny, you take Meat-Sauce and go search at the park, me and Dr. D will go and see if the police station has seen anything." Limbo said.

"Please don't call me Dr. D..." Dr. D uh, I mean Dr. Devin said.

Johnny and Meat-Sauce go towards the park and see other kids with demons that look like Meat-Sauce.

"Woah, look Meat-Sauce! They look just like you!" Johnny said.

Johnny decides to go ask the kids why there are other interdimensional demons at the park.

"Where did all of these demons come from?" Johnny asked the kid.

"What? These aren't demons. These are dogs!" The kid told him.

"............THE FUTURE IS A LIE!!!" Johnny shouted.

Johnny grabbed Meat-Sauce and ran back towards Limbo.

Meanwhile, at the police station.........

"Excuse me Mr. Pickle. We were hoping you could help us find a particular person." Limbo said.

"Did you just call me Mr. Pickle?" Officer Random-name asked.

"Yes I did because all pickles have brains the size of peanuts and you have a peanut shaped head." Limbo said.

"Sir, if you're here for a drug test I think you already failed." Officer Random-name said.

"Can you please just help the poor man out?" Dr. Devin asked.

"Fine. What seems to be the problem?" Officer Random-name asked Limbo.

"We need you to find the man in this group picture. He's the one holding the AK-47!" Limbo told Officer Random-name.

"We're doomed." Dr. Devin said.

"Whoa whoa whoa! We don't talk about guns in this country! I'm gonna have to put you under arrest for the use of firearms!" Officer Random-name said.

"What!? Since when was using any word that has something to do with guns against the law?" Dr. Devin asked.

"Ever since Donald Trump Jr's flying lambo got grazed by a BB gun back in 2019." Officer Random-name explained. 

But as soon as Officer Random-name looks up, Dr. Devin and Limbo were already out the door.

"Well that was a close one." Dr. Devin said.

"But we still don't know where Mario went..." Limbo added.

"Well Limbo, maybe it's time to face the fact that we will all be dead within 48 hours 52 minutes and 13 seconds in counting." Dr. Devin said.

"Why are you such a pessimist?" Limbo asked.

Suddenly, Limbo and Dr. Devin look up only to see a figure running towards them. A figure that kinda looks like Zac Effron and his futuristic dog. A figure that when it came closer, our heroes would see a familiar face.

"Why is Johnny running towards us like an idiot?" Dr. Devin asked.

"Oh. That face either means he forgot what his name was, he pooped his diaper, or he saw futuristic dogs that he thinks look exactly like Meat-Sauce, but in reality they look nothing like Meat-Sauce." Limbo said.

"Hold up..................He wears a diaper?" Dr. Devin asked.

"He was traumatized by Ronald McDonald when we were kids." Limbo told him.

"I am sorry to hear that." Dr. Devin said.

"Oh don't worry, it wasn't your fault." Limbo said.

After that really strange conversation between Dr. Devin and Limbo, they remember that Johnny was running towards them.

"I really thought he would've been here by now." Limbo said.

"Hey guys, I just now got here." Johnny said.

"We know Johnny we were here when you got here." Dr. Devin said.

"Johnny, make sure Meat-Sauce is ready. We are going to travel a little bit into the past, but it will still be the future of 2017, it is all very confusing." Limbo said.

"Limbo, I think we should just go ahead and give up. Who knows? Mario might be a really good dictator." Dr. Devin said.

"You may be right Dr. Devin. We may not be the ideal choice to help save the world. But there are people counting on us. Innocent people. And there is one man also counting on us. He goes by the name Morgan Freeman from the zombie dimension. We may not be the bravest. We may not be the smartest. But what's important is that we have heart. The heart to keep going and to never give up. And that is all it takes to be a hero...." Limbo said dramatically.

"Wow. How could I have been so blind? It's not about how smart you are or how strong you are. It's about the will to keep going and to never give up." Dr. Devin said with tears.

"Okay Limbo, let's keep trying...."

I bet you thought that was heartwarming. I also bet you were wondering where Danger Mike, Phillip, and Billy Zomberto were throughout this whole chapter. If you want to figure that out, you are just gonna have to read the next chapter of The Limboverse Time Rift.....