Chapter III

Cady's POV

"How's life?"dad asked.

"Be specific",I tardily replied.

"How was your school goin'?"he smiled.

"Fine I guess",I suddenly remember the guy I met in the school.

I walk in the way to my room and changed my clothes.I felt the boredom so I decide to drove way to the cemetery.

As I enter the car park I saw another car that is parked beside mine.

I slowly walk while looking at the sky.

I wish you were here mom.Pray for me.

Dharlene Davson

(1962-1997)

Your love remain in our hearts forever

I placed the flower I brought and softly caressed her grave while my tears are falling little by little.

"Hey",that voice.It sounds so familiar.

I slowly lift my head to see who's speaking.

"What are you doing here?"I enquired.

"Visiting,obviously.Don't be funny",Ahh.That's my line a few days ago.I looked back at my mother's grave and stared blankly.

"Do you remember your mother's face?"he asked.

My tears start to fall again as I wiped it with my hands.

"Uh.I'm sorry.Nevermind that",he quickly take back his question.

My heart starts to throbbed.That's the sad thing about it.I don't know anything about her.

"That's acceptable.To answer your question my answer is no",I said crying.

"Crybaby,huh?"he mock me,but I can see his eyes glittered like he's holding back his tear.

"Men also cry you know, you don't need to fur it"I alleged.

He smirked and sat down in the front of the grave which I guess he's visiting.

"Now,Why don't you want to have a friend?"he asked.

"Because I belive in myself"I doubt it.

"What do you mean by that?"he snickered and wait for my answer.

"Someday I want to stand by my own feet.Everything is temporary.I don't want to be dependable on someone's shoulders",I look at him to see his hazel brown eyes rooming in mine.

"Everything is temporary.That's why you need to show your love for the person you truly adore until there is a time left.You can't stop the time but you can make every second of it precious and memorable",he whispered with his eyes lodging at the up the sky.

Where in earth would he get those thoughts?

I nodded to say I agreed with his statement.

"What if you don't have a time left?"I asked to him while looking at his gorgeous face.

"At least you show them you care.You need to let it go.Nobody will stay in your life forever.All you need to do is accept it and let them rest in peace",he shrugged and again I saw his teary-eyed.

If he's good in holding back his tears I'm opposite just like how my tears fall over and over right now.

"You're really good at this,huh?"I'ts not a question hence a statement.

"Uh-huh.Why do you ask such things?"he questioned.

"Nothing"I replied.

"Mind if I asked the cause of your mother's death?"I asked avoiding his gaze.

"Hmm.Not really.When I was 5,we found out that my mom is suffering from cancer.Back then my father is a lawyer he's always busy in his work and don't have the time to take care of my mom.Since that day my mother and father always fight.Bacause my father can't handle my mom anymore,my mom who's suffering from the long journey,a journey that has a finish line.Even though how much money we spend for her,even if we give and show our love and care to her there is no worth because at the end of the day she will die and leave us.That's what I thought.But on this day,I regret it.I regret because I don't became the son she always wanted to be.I regret it because I'm to wary to say I love you to her and so on.And at her last breathe I didn't even hug and hold her hand tight just the way she did when I was just a new born baby because what do I know?I'm just a helpless kid watching how my mom suffer.I became mad to my father because he didn't even bother to give the money he earned for my mother's theraphy and other medical expenses.He didn't bother to give his time because he always believed that it is pointless.And that is the moment where I learn how time can be priceless because money is temporary but family last forever.So you need to makesure to tell a person how much you love them until you have your time because it's better to be than to be late,"he said while caressing his mother's grave.

"I apologise for asking it.That should be a really sad story to be told but the best thing is we learn from our mistakes and we just need to get on with our lives"I said while patting his back.

"How about your mother's?"he enquired.

"I don't know anything about her.All I know is she left me and my father when she find out something about me at least that is what my father told me"I said still probing the real thing about my mother's death.

"Ohh.Why is that?What's the case with you?"he asked looking at my eyes straight.

"It's not the right time to tell it hence we're not that close"

He place his hands in his chest acting as if he's been hurt.

"I thought we are friend"he said while giggling.

"I don't know"

"Tell me"now he's more serious.

"Let's say I'm driving to my destination"I smiled weakly and stare at my hands.

"Stop your crying darling"he said making my heart thumped faster.

He wrap his arm around my shoulder letting me lean my head to his side.

We stay like that for a couple of minutes and continue talking about our childhood days.

"Harry"not until someone called Harry.He unclasped his arms around my side and make a space between us.

We look back to see where the voice came from and it is the time we see a girl wearing a sundae dress with her straight hair laying in her side.

Harry's jaw clenched as he saw the girl.Maybe they knew each other.

"What are you doing here?"Harry asked.

"Waiting you"She said and turn her back in the way to her car.

"But I think you're busy waiting for someone else"she added and drove her way leaving the cemetery.