Five

Kalani

Tuesday. I love Tuesdays, so I'm feeling pretty happy. I'm also excited because of Marduk. As you know, Marduk is our new choreographer, and though I'm dating Maddie, he's very fun to look at. 

Maddie meets me at Starbucks. We're grabbing a quick coffee before dance. 

I sit across from and take her hand. "Babe," I say, "Are you looking forward to dance?" 

Maddie bites her lip and looks down at the table. "I don't know if I'm going today," she says quietly. I draw my hand back and look at her in distain.

"Why not?" I ask. Maddie shrugs and holds her head. 

"My head hurts," she says. I nod, but inside, I'm honestly a little irritated. She's been acting moody and angry ever since she found out that we were getting a new dance instructor. I took my eyes and take a sip of my coffee. Maddie just stares into space. 

The door flings open and Marduk saunters in. I love the way he walks. He walks with a sort of confidence in him that I've never seen in anybody. Like he doesn't care. 

Like he's trying and succeeding at being someone else. Something inside me tells me that the Marduk were seeing isn't the real Marduk. Like, it's the real him physically, but not figuratively.

Marduk sees me and gives me a small wave. I smile and wave eagerly back. 

He continues walking and I watch as he orders his coffee, slipping out his debit card. My eyes widen when I see what kind of card it is. It's a Dean Card. Those cards at the bank are only reserved for rich people. 

"Maddie!" I whisper. Maddie slowly turns her focus to me. 

"He's rich!" I say. "He's got a Dean Card!" Maddie's staring off into space, shrugging and looking over at the chalkboard that says what the daily sandwich special is. 

"Okay, I'm going to dance," I say in a huff. I stand up and grab my dance bag. "Are you coming?" 

"Do you need a ride?" An easing voice says behind me. I turn around and see Marduk standing there. 

"Oh!" I say, grinning. "Sure, I'll take a ride. Thank you." I turn to Maddie. 

"Are you going to dance or not?" I ask her. Maddie shakes her head. 

"I'll go in the afternoon," she says. 

"Ugh! What's your fucking problem!" I say, completely losing my patience. "You've been nothing but a moody bitch the past two days!" 

"Hey," Marduk says softly, "Don't be like that." I turn to him. 

I want to justify my actions, but for some reason, looking at him just makes me nod and turn to Maddie. "Bye." 

I walk out with Marduk, and we see Kenzie walking to dance. 

"Can we give her a ride?" I ask Marduk, looking up at him hopefully. Personally, friend wise, I like Kenzie better. She's so much fun to be around. She's always going cool activities and throws the best house parties. 

She's also a huge thot. 

"Sure," Marduk says. He calls Kenzie's name, and I absolutely fall in love with the way he yells. When he yells, his voice goes a tiny octave higher, and the raspiness and roughness shows even more. Kenzie turns around and smiles at him, lifting her shoulders up just a bit. 

I see Marduk smile, but it's subtle. I look at him, and he looks at me and grins. 

Kenzie catches up with us. "Hey," she says. "Can I get a ride?" 

"That's what I was about to ask you," Marduk says. "You want a ride?" 

"Hell yeah," Kenzie says, smiling. we get to Marduks car, and Kenzie covers her mouth with her hand. It's a Mercedes Benz. It's sheer black, and it's beautiful. 

"Nice car!" Kenzie sqeauls. She gets into the back and slides excitedly into the seat. Marduk smiles again and gets into the front.

And we head on to the dance class.

-
-
-

A/n: shoutout to camrenbabies_ for being awesome and supportive!!! Doing another shoutout next chapter.
"He's weird *cough cough* pedo *cough." ~camrenbabies, circa. 2017