Chapter 67

Harry sighed after he left his new room and went to explore. He already knew that Hermione had probably gone to meet Snape, reading a few things before seeing him. If it weren't for the fact that Hermione loved learning so much he would have thought it was the worst thing in the world. However her – their parents seemed extremely happy for her.

He took notice of a few family paintings, found more than five bathrooms, a library, an office, and decided he would explore more later and went to find the kitchen.

Abagail was sitting, sipping her morning tea, while her husband sipped coffee. The older woman smiled when she saw Harry's messy hair.

"Good morning, darling. Thimi has already made breakfast, it's still warm."

Harry smiled back at her and went to grab his plate. It was unusual for him, but it was a nice different.

"Hermione is with her master," she said, sipping her tea.

A grimace graced the young adult's face.

"How..." he licked his lips self-consciously, "How are you okay with Hermione apprenticing Snape, and calling him master?" he asked.

Abagail scrunched up her face whereas Leeroy just pursed his lips.

"An apprenticeship is an honor in the wizarding world. They're hard to come by and are usually only given to purebloods. And even then, only those with an actual talent in those fields. Every professor at Hogwarts was an apprentice, it's how they became a master."

He nodded understanding the logic, "But how are you okay with Snape being her master. Or even her just calling him that?"

Abagail sighed, "I'm not quite comfortable with her calling him master, but I am proud of her. I respect their new relationship. Professor Snape has always been strict, but Hermione loves that. He challenges her in ways that the other professors don't. He makes her work harder. Hermione has always been bright, but because of that a lot of her teachers in the past, and I guess a few at Hogwarts too, stopped challenging her. They just accept that she knows the material they've given and leave her be."

Harry frowned thinking about her words.

He had never thought of it like that. His sister loved to learn, and she was most definitely brilliant, but after showing the professors that she knew the material they left her alone. They asked her to demonstrate occasionally, and then she'd sit in class and read, if she wasn't trying to help him or Ron. It was completely different with Snape. He was a git to all Gryffindors, and a few of them got angry for Hermione when he didn't accept that she was just brilliant.

Thinking about it, Hermione never got mad about it, but her eyes would turn darker and her jaw would set in a specific way. When Hermione was angry, she knew how to express herself, so it wasn't as though she was hiding her anger. She always respected him, even out of the classroom. Snape never said anything other than 'acceptable' when it came to perfect potions. From Hermione's perspective he guessed it would just make her want to work harder.

"Don't think too hard about it, Harry. I get a good feeling about Professor Snape when it comes to our spitfire," Leeroy said.

"He's actually the only guy he's had a good feeling about concerning Hermione since she was born," Abagail threw in.

Wide green eyes looked at Leeroy.

"I have a warm feeling concerning you, son. Almost the same as Hermione. That was never an issue. Your redheaded friend however..." he took a drink from his cup, "Just remember she's daddy's favorite hellion, so while I learn to love you, I'll always love her just a little bit more. The more I get to learn about you son, the more I'll be able to love you for you. Not what Hermione says, not what your mum over there says, but on your own merits. I'll never hate you, I may occasionally be disappointed in you, but I will eventually love you as my own blood son."