Marry me

"Good morning, Sunshine!" The high pitched female voice sounded as nails going over a chalkboard when Jack walked into the kitchen with a really bad headache.
"What you want..?" He groaned while grabbing a cool pack from the freezer.
"Nothing! Just made you some food!" Harleen made sure her voice was a bit higher and louder than usual as soon she noticed the headache of her boyfriend. She placed a bowl of cereal on the table and softly pushed Jack down on the chair next to the table. "Here, you need to make sure you don't miss breakfast!" She smiled while handing over a spoon.

"What made you so happy this morning? You know it's Monday?" Jack slowly lifted a filled spoon to his mouth.
"Oh it's nothing, I'm just happy to see my beautiful boyfriend! Or do I say... fiancé?"
"What?"
Harleen smirked and grabbed Jack's shoulders while leaning closer to his ear.
"Look at ya finger, Puddin'." The moment she said that Jack looked at his left hand and saw a ring on his finger.
"I bought rings yesterday so we can marry! I was thinking about this Thursday! What ya think?" She said when she saw the shocked look on his face.

"I uh.. we can... what?"
"Marry! The wedding?"
Jack was still shocked, he didn't even like her and now they were going to marry in less than a week?
"I can't marry you..." he said after a short silence and continued eating his breakfast.
"What? Yes ya can! God made us two ta marry each other!"
"No he didn't!"
"Why wouldn't he?!"
"Because I'm gay! I'm fucking gay! I hate you, I'm in love with a man and I don't fucking care about God or those silly rules because I'm gonna marry Bruce!" There was a silence again before he continued eating his cereals in silence.

"Well... I told you before... we can talk about that..." she said while she put a bottle of milk back in the fridge.
"We can't talk about this! You can't change me, I've been born gay!"
"How you know that? Did those chemicals turn ya into a scientist?!" Harleen snatched the bowl of cereals away and threw them away.
"Hey! I was eating that!" Jack reached out his hand but Harleen slapped it away.
"If you're gay you don't deserve my cereals..."
"Come on don't be like this, Harley, please!"
"No! You're gonna marry me or I'll kill you, get it? I. Will. Kill. You!" She stormed away and left the apartment.

"Well that went fucking great.." Jack mumbled to himself. He walked to the hallway and searched in the pockets of his jacket. When he found his phone he called a number.

"Hello?"
"Bruce..?"
"Oh hey, Jack! How you do-"
"I have a problem..."
"What?"
"Harley bought rings... she wants to marry this Thursday..."
"What? Why? She can't just make you marry her!"
"She will kill me if I don't... so uhm..."
"No, Jack, please... you don't love her!"
"You wanna be my best man?"
"Of course I want to..."
"Okay.. thanks..."
"Jack you don't have to marry her if you really don't wanna.."
"I have to, you don't get it... I'll see you later, okay?"
"Okay.. bye.."
"Bye..."

Jack hung up the phone and leaned his head against the wall. He let himself slide down to the floor and just sat there for a moment.

He looked up after someone pressed on the doorbell. He opened the door and got a big hug. "Bruce?" Jack wrapped his arms around the bigger man.
"Jack.. we need to go shopping, you need a suit for you wedding!" Bruce looked at the smiling man.
"Wait, how did you know where I live? And... is that a bruise by your eye? Oh my Bruce! What did you do?!"
"It's okay, Harley ran into me.. she said I needed to make you ready for the wedding.."
Jack frowned before Bruce planted a kiss on his nose.
"It'll be great, I promise.."
A little smile appeared on Jack's face.

In the store Jack tried on some suits, even if Bruce told he looked perfect he changed again. "You know, there are also nice dresses in the wo-"
"You're not gonna wear a dress.." Bruce immediately cut Jack off.
"Why noooot?"
"Because Harleen would kill you if you looked better in a dress than her and I know you would!"
Jack started to blush and bit his lip.
"Don't do that, you know you look good in dresses..."
"Yeah but it sounds better if you say it." Jack span around to show the suit he was wearing. It was a nice black and white suit that perfectly fitted him.