Author's Notes

Update October 20, 2017

Dear Readers!

For those just joining me here in this small corner of the Wattpad world, thank you! I hope that you will like Chris and Mel's story, and cheer for them as they navigate towards Happily Ever After. Chapter 1 begins after this page.

As with anyone here who dares to put their writing up, I would love to hear from you! Please leave me a note to let me know what you thought of the book, or have any questions at all! I love hearing from readers. If you liked the book, please do give it a vote!

I'm also working on a new book, called Protecting Jess, that I hope to update weekly. So if you like For Alice, With Love, please check it out as well! Follow the link below, or click on the book from my profile page.

https://www.wattpad.com/story/127107323-protecting-jess

Happy reading!

~Caroline

--------------------

September 19, 2017

Dear Readers!

Mel and Chris are an interesting couple. I wanted to peek in at what it would be like to love someone, lose them, and love them again when they were completely different. Taking that leap of faith that the real person that you remember is there still.

I started writing this novel almost four years ago, and put it down several times, unsure of the story idea, unsure of myself. When I finished it, I put it through three edits, and it likely needs three more, but not from me. This is my first completed novel.

Lord knows we are all our own worst critics when it comes to our writing.  I have hesitated publishing this book, or sending it for consideration, my doubts winning every time. My husband told me that I needed to get my work out there. That I just had to be brave and do it. He was right, but us writers, we all know that is one of the scariest things you can do. Our stories are extensions of ourselves, and submitting a book for consideration or self-publishing it can feel akin to walking naked down the hall at school.

So, in a leap of courage fuelled by wine, I decided to publish it here, on Wattpad. I am hoping that someone will read it, and help me understand a new perspective on Mel and Chris' story, where they could go, what the book could be, because I think it could be great! 

So, dear readers, I hope you enjoy this story. Please do leave me feedback if you wish, I would love to know what you think.

Happy reading!

~Caroline