46 | kevin dolenz

imagine ; leslie and kevin talking about the thing that kevin seems to hate so much

imagine ; leslie and kevin talking about the thing that kevin seems to hate so much. love.

"love sucks," kevin says and takes a sip of his drink.

leslie sighs and stirs the vegetables, "how do you know if you've never been in love?"

"oh, i've been in love!" leslie grinned as the words come out of his mouth, "it sucked." the grin disappeared.

you suddenly walk into the kitchen and set down your bags next to the counter.

"hi guys!" you greet leslie with a long hug as kevin stands quietly, swishing the drink around in his glass.

"we're just talking about kevin's sad love life," leslie points at the sad boy next to the wok.

"didn't know that existed, oh well," you add in. a smile makes it's way to kevin's lips as he looks up at you and you kindly return the smile. "anyway, corey is finally taking me out!"

"corey? he's nice," leslie smirks at you, her hand still stirring the vegetables.

"i know! he told me his main reason to finally get his license was for me, how sweet is he?" you lean your elbows on the counter and stare into the wok with a look of pure satisfaction.

"he wanted to finally take you out in his own car, right?" leslie asks.

"yes!"

kevin rolls his eyes as the girls squeal excitedly.

"look," he sets down his drink and grabs hold of the wooden spoon in leslie's hand, "i'll stir while you two talk because you're burning the vegetables."

"no-"

"hello!" a new voice rings in everyone's ears. your boyfriend corey steps into the kitchen. in his hands are a set of keys. car keys.

you run up to him and give him a hug.

leslie smiles as she keeps her eyes on you two who stand there for what seems like a long time in each other's arms. kevin continuously takes sips of his almost empty drink to avoid looking at you two.

corey gives you a quick kiss on the lips and pulls away, he keeps one arm around you though as he turns to the others.

"we are off," he tells them with the widest smile on his lips.

kevin takes one last sip of his drink as he watches you two walk out of the kitchen together. "love sucks."

____

a/n ; poured out - my whole heart - to a piece of shit
sorry this probably sucks. which corey you want though?