Teaser 1

"I'm not drunk." Junmyeon said quietly.
"Well, you're definitely not sober." Junmyeon didn't have an argument for that.
"Are you drunk?" Junmyeon posed, putting a hand on Kris' leg as he prepared to back out of the parking spot he was in.
Kris shook his head. "Nope. See?" He leaned in close towards Junmyeon, breathing in his face. His breath smelt minty, as if he had just brushed his teeth. "No alcohol." He was right.
"Okay." Junmyeon said, removing his hand from Kris' lap and allowing Kris to wrap his arm around the back of Junmyeon's car seat as he backed out, putting both hands on the wheel as he drove out and away. "I wouldn't want to be driving with someone drunk."
Kris laughed. Junmyeon had heard Kris laugh before, but it was still a glorious sound to his ears, a bright, genuine sound. "That'd kinda defeat the purpose of me driving you, wouldn't it?" Kris asked. "Besides, I haven't drank all night."
"Not a drinker?" Junmyeon asked, looking up and over at Kris. He was focused, watching his meters and the small campus road that stretched ahead of them, the headlights of Kris' car illuminating it.
Kris shook his head. "Nah, I can be a pretty heavy drinker at times. I was with that Oh Sehun kid most of the night, and didn't want to scare him more than he already was. I also told Luhan and some others I'd be DD, but they changed plans and are gonna crash at some dorm closer, if not the middle of the party." Kris laughed again, the corners of his mouth turning up.
"Oh Sehun?" Junmyeon asked. He wasn't familiar with him, let alone the majority of names around campus.
Kris nodded. "Yeah. Second year, fashion department. He was dragged out by some older year friends of his. They started drinking, and when he tried to take drinks away from them before they got too drunk, they got mad so he left." He started. "Caught him in the washroom just watching the tap run, thought he was drunk and offered to drive him home. Said he wasn't drunk."
"And he wasn't drunk? Or drinking?" Junmyeon queried, still looking up at Kris, who stayed focused on the road ahead of him. Kris was a smooth, easy driver, unlike Lee Seunghyun, who had undoubtedly had a drink or two before they even left.
"Kid's never had a sip of alcohol in his life." Kris said. "Good reason, too."
"What was it?"
"Not my place to tell." Kris said. Junmyeon got that. Oh Sehun had obviously told Kris whatever he had told him for a reason, and Junmyeon didn't want to pry into business that wasn't his. He didn't even know the kid. "What's your favourite colour?" Kris said, changing the topic.
"Blue." Junmyeon answered, not bothering to question Kris' train of thought.
"Any specific shade of blue?" Kris said, pulling into the parking lot for Junmyeon's dorm building.
"A dark blue." Junmyeon started. "Almost a navy or a purple, but not quite. Although I do like all blues."
"Why that one?"
"When people think of the colour blue, most think of a light blue, a sky blue, maybe. A happy, bright blue. But all shades of blue can also represent sadness, but people tend to think of darker blues for sadness. Light blues are happy, and dark are sad. But all blues are blue, you need dark and light blues to have blue. Just like how you need both happiness and sadness in order to have other emotions."
"So if you like the darker blues more, does that mean you prefer to be sad over happy?" Kris asked, pulling into a parking spot and stalling the engine.
Junmyeon shook his head. "The darker blues are just more visually appealing." Kris laughed and climbed out of the car, Junmyeon following suit. "I can get to my dorm from here." Junmyeon said.
Kris shook his head. "Lemme walk you up." Junmyeon had no time to protest, however. Kris had already taken Junmyeon's hand in his.

[Teaser 1]
[Excerpt from Chapter 2 "Seventeen Shades of Blue and Red"]