Take

Take

Jefferson hated how crowded the streets of Zara were, almost suffocating. He felt claustrophobic as he walked through the crowds. He say the crowd stop and push back, forming a circle around something. Following instinct he pushed through the crowds to see. Two men,one oxen and the other a bird like creature circle each other. Intent to maim the other prominent in their eyes. They charged slamming into eachother, punched and scratched went out on both sides.

He watched fights were fairly common in the ghettoish province of Zara, and he was no cop to stop him. Stopping this one fight wouldn't end them all. Growing uninterested, he continued, pushing past the crowd and onward to the square.

He went the food stall as soon as he had entered. He grabbed multiple meats and greens to eat. Paying the owner with several coins he held the bad over his back, continuing through the square. He sees a pig selling broken cracked blades and weaponry.

"It will save your life, likes its saved mine countless times before" he shouts, hoping to grab the attention of square wanderers.

"You sir, you look like you could use a blade, please take a look over my extensive collection." He said almost desperately.

"Your equipment is in horrible condition and seems like it wouldn't be able to take a enemie's swing" he says monotonously, as he inspects the destroyed equipment.

The owners face goes into one of shock and quickly anger "Well how dare you insult the quality of my wares, you insignificant brat" he shouts at him.

He continues to walk, leaving the pig in his fury.

****

He arrived at his home. Stopping he notices his door slightly agap. Pulling one of his blades from his hip, he lowers the bags gently, as he enters pushing the door lightly. It slowly creaked open, it was dark and motionless.

He walked slowly, holding the blade horizontally at his side. He held his other hand open "Kasai" he whispered as a fire ignited in his open palm. It was small and manageable, and allowed him to see.

He proceeded checking his living room, he found nothing. He moved to the bathroom, same result. His rooms door, was slightly ajar, as a strange light emanated the opening. Cautiously, he pushed it open.

The source of light came from a small creature, it sat on his dresser, a stream of flame came from its mouth.

"What the hell are you?" He as calmly, no longer, crouched. It watched him intently as it begin to move. Wings unfurled from its back, bat like in description. It flap its wings, picking its self up, and slowly hovering towards him.

It stopped short of his face, it looked like an eastern red dragon, but miniaturized. "Jefferson Takeshi" he heard a voice in his head call. He was confused, but soon concluded it was the creature.

"How do you know my name? " he asked aloud.

"I was sent by the Overseers to fetch you" it said again in his head.

He had heard of the Overseers, he had read multiple books on them, how they would protect the continent of Droven, and use their powers to drive away an unknown force. But nobody believed in them, they hadn't been seen in centuries, so they were no commonly thought to be myth.

But he believed that all myths were based on facts, and he intended to figure out what.

"For what?" He asked again, his curiosity growing.

"To help save Droven" it responded.

Thanks to people who have checked out this chapter and stay tooned for more.