Chapter 22: Trapped Again

"No?" Vlad repeated dangerously.

"I said, no! I'm not going back! I have a life here! This is my home! U.A. is my home! That disgusting castle is not my home! And you are not my father, Vlad!" I yelled in defiance.

I'm not becoming his little puppet anymore! I want to stay with the old man and my classmates!

Everyone behind Vlad gasped as they inched away from him. He was about to slap me when Desiree stopped him.

"Your Highness, the prince is just going through a rebellious stage right now. It's normal for children his age." She said in an attempt to calm down the enraged man and it worked as he put his hand down. I gave Desiree a grateful look.

"You're right, Desiree. I just lost it for a minute there." Vlad said as he calmed down.

Vlad then walked up to me and put a hand on my shoulders. "What's keeping you here?" No! Not again! He's going to kill them all!

"Friends? Maybe you got a new family? I'll find out eventually, then I'll kill every single one of them. Then you won't have anything to return to, am I right?" He finished with a sickly cackle.

"Leave them alone!!" I yelled out in fear and anger. "This is between you and me!! Don't get other people involved!! First my family, her, and now my friends?!! How much more do you want to take from me?!!" I screamed, tears threatening to flow.

"You only need me and that's enough, my son. You don't understand as you're only a child, but when you grow up, you'll see the reasons for my actions." Vlad answered back calmly.

"Wait!" I suddenly said, thinking of a way to save the old man and my friends. "If you let me stay here and agree not to kill anybody, I'll follow any of your orders." I said with gritting teeth. I have to do this.

To throw away my freedom for my friends.

Everyone looked at me in surprise. "I'll never rebel and will always do what I'm told. Just don't hurt my friends and let me keep going here. Please, dad." I pleaded.

Saying 'dad' should give me some leverage in my persuasion.

Vlad had a thinking face on. "Hm...alright. If it makes you that happy and you'll never disobey me, then I'll let you keep going here and I won't hurt anybody. It will allow you to get stronger and give you more powerful opponents than my knights." He said as he finally relented and I sighed in relief.

"But.." Uh, oh. "if you disobey me more than 3 times, I will kill everyone who hold dear here and cut all of your ties to this place, do you understand me, little badger?" He asked in a repulsive tone.

I gritted my teeth. Goodbye, freedom. "I understand, father." So I can only disobey him 3 times. Shit.

He smiled in disgusting pleasure. "Good. Now where have you been staying while I was away?" He asked me in curiosity.

"At a pro hero's house. I sort of got into police custody and I told him that my parents were dead and he took me in originally to find me a foster home, but adopted me instead." I explained my situation to him.

"Police custody? What did you do?" Desiree asked me with raised eyebrows.

I put up a more real smile at her. "I saved a couple of people and they called it vigilantism." I answered back, having the decency to look sheepish.

"Wow! It looks like dipstick is finally growing up!" Ember shouted in happiness. Of course these people would think it's a good thing.

Vlad shook his head. "Since it didn't turn out to be a big deal, I'll let you go, but in the future, please be careful, my son." He said as he put a hand on my cheek.

'You are the last person I want to hear that from!' I thought in anger. 'And get your filthy hands off of me!!'

I held in all these thoughts and the urge to slap Vlad's hand away. He would so not be happy if I did that.

"Well, I guess you'll have to keep staying with that pro hero, since he has custody over you and I can't claim to be your father without arising suspicions." He said with an analytical frown.

"So continue to stay with him and meet me at my house after school tomorrow. Here's our address." He gave me a slip of paper. "I'll tell you what I need you to do then." He gave me a pat on my shoulders.

I nodded with so much anger and hate roaring within me. I'm sorry, Edgeshot, but I'm already too far in the darkness.

The chains that were loosened around me, suddenly tightened up again. I'm trapped again.

He hugged me and all I wanted was to push him away. "Remember, I'm always watching you, my son." He whispered in my ear.

We separated our ways and I'm going to take a long shower to wash of his stench and germs.

I arrived at my destination and walked inside the house. I looked inside and found not only the old man, but Midnight and Uncle, too.

"You're late. Where were you?" Aizawa asked in a worried tone.

I smiled sheepishly. "I found some lost kid, so I decided to stay with him until he found his mom." I lied smoothly. I'm sorry, old man. It's too keep you safe.

He nodded, believing my lie. "To celebrate your return from your internship, Hizashi wanted to make some okonomiyakis for you, and then Midnight heard and wanted to come along. She really likes his food, too." He explained the other teachers' presence.

I nodded and jumped in happiness. "Yes!!" I love Uncle's okonomiyakis!!

The three laughed at me and I stopped and blushed in embarrassment.

After I had some of Uncle's food, I went to sleep on a full stomach. I was happy. I didn't think I could really be happy after I agreed to be Vlad's puppet again, but I am.

My freedom may be gone, but I'm still here with the old man and my classmates, right?

I never thought you can be chained up, but still be so happy, but I guess you can. I then looked to the ground with a grave look.

Starting from tomorrow, I'll be following Vlad's orders. I have to be prepared for anything.

That guy has one of the sickest minds I've seen and to protect my friends....I might have to betray my friends.

To be continued....