Chapter 26: A Future That's Already Gone

The bell has rung and class was over.

"Okay, that's it for class." The old man announced to us. "There's only one week until the final exams. You're all studying properly, right?" He asks as he narrowed his eyes at the class.

He started to walk towards the door. "I'm sure you already know, but it won't just be a written exam. There's also a practical component. "Make sure you train your minds and bodies at the same time. That's all." And with that, he was gone.

It was quiet for a second until...

"I haven't studied at all!!" Kaminari and Mina both shouted out, but their expressions were very different.

Mina-chan had her 'without a care in the world' look, while Kaminari was visibly freaking out.

Kaminari Denki - Midterm: 21st place out of 21 students.

Ashido Mina - Midterm : 20th/21

Kaminari started to hold his head and look down with a panicked look. "With the sports festival and internship, I didn't study at all!"

I thought about what he said. I guess that's true, but if he had actually been paying attention in class, it shouldn't be that big of a problem, but it's not like I could say anything since I'm at first place.

Tokoyami sweat dropped. "It's true that we had one event after another, but..."

Tokoyami Fumikage - Midterm: 15th/21

"For the midterms, we'd just started school, so they didn't cover much, so I didn't really have a hard time with them, but with the back to back events and stuff, the finals will be difficult." Rikido stated nervously to Koda, who was also quite tense.

Sato Rikido - Midterm: 13th/21

Koda Koji - Midterm: 12th/21

Mineta had a conceited look on his face with sparkles all around him. "It'll be tough since there's a practical exam, too." He announced smugly.

Mineta Minoru - Midterm: 10th/21

I wasn't surprised by his score. Even though he's a disgusting, pathetic pervert, he's actually quite smart, but those brains of his are wasted on a guy like him.

"T-tenth in the midterm?!" Mina and Kaminari yelled out this knowledge in shock, while looking at Mineta.

Mina started to point an accusing finger at the pervert. "And here I thought you were one of us!"

Kaminari looked like he wanted to strangle him. "Don't you know that weirdo little creeps like you are only likable if they're kind of stupid?! Who's going to like you now?!"

Mineta continued to sparkle. "Everyone. Trust me." He answered with the same smug tone.

I covered my mouth to keep the laughs from escaping.

"Ashido, Kaminari!" Izuku called out from behind them and the said two turned around to see who was addressing them.

"L-let's do our best!" Izuku cheered as he clenched his two fists. "We all want to go to the training camp together, right?" He smiled in encouragement.

Midoriya Izuku - Midterm: 5th/21

Iida raised a hand. "Yes! As class rep, I have high hopes that we'll make U.A. proud!"