Restless

Genji POV

It had been days since Rubys birth, Angela was finally recovered but Ruby still had days of being in the hospital left. So there I was, in the middle of the night, wide awake. I couldn't sleep with the though of my first child dying. I couldn't just sleep when she was fighting for herself. Angela was cuddled against me as I stared at the roof, gently holding her hand. "Hnngg, Genji?" She asked, the room was pitch black. "Y-Yeah?" I replied back, squeezing her hand to let her know I was there. "Still no sleep huh?" She asked groggily. I shook my head. "No..." I still felt awake. The sun started peaking through the windows. "Mm, okay...." She said, cuddling into me and falling asleep. I smiled and brushed the hair from her face and sighed. Watching the sun rise. It was two hours later, I started getting tired, then, Angelas phone went off. Alarm. She goraned, turned it off and cuddled back into my chest. "Morning Angela..." I said slightly slurred. She smiled but then frowned. "You didn't sleep the whole night?" I shook my head. "No." She sighed and got up. "Well, I'll talk to 'dad' and see if I can get you the day off, try to sleep. Okay?" I nodded, she passed me some sleep pills and a glass of water. I drank it and laid back after she left. I sighed heavily again. It would be a long day. I slowly walked to the outside garden that I met Bastion at. I sat in the shade and closed my eyes. Then, my world went black. Finally, some shut e- I woke up. I couldn't sleep thinking about Ruby. And so, I went to the hospital with a tank top and joggers on. I stepped to the front desk and checked in, putting on a face mask for safe measures. She walked me to Ruby's room, She was in a galss case that had all sorts of tubes in and out of it. She seemed fine. Small though, awfully small. I sighed and gazed at her arm. Guess she'd be like me. Omnic child... As I Gazed at her my vision blurred, they became watery as tears stained my cheeks. "I-I'm sorry Ruby..." I held my hand on the side of the glass. I wiped my tears that just continued anyway and laid my head in my hands. Closing my eyes , finally getting the sleep I needed after knowing she was okay. And, I slept peacefully for the whole day, Until a nurse woke me up and said it was time to head home, Angela had called the hospital and was on her way to pick me up. And I smiled, walking out of the room and stealing a glance at Ruby. Then I waited, Angela came through the door looking worried. "Genji! Don't do that again!" She hugged me tightly. "I was worried sick." I smiled and rubbed her back. "Sorry." She smiled back, "How about, seeing as its 6. We go get sushi?" I grinned widely and held her hand. "Sounds good." We walked out of the hospital and stepped into the car. "How was the meeting?" I asked. She exaggerated a "ughh." (Every Friday ever.) And I laughed, she smiled and then focused on driving again. She was always so safe. (Not in bed.)  She stopped the car and ubcuckled her seat belt, slipped her jacket back on and walked inside. Slipping it off afterward, which made me giggle. "What?" She asked as I grinned. "Its just... you... put on your jacket," I started laughing. "A-And you took it off so quickly." I said, tears welled in my eyes because I was laughing so hard at something so stupid. She slapped my arm playfully and got us to a table.

Later*

It took a while but eventually she got our orders. We got some Nagiri, Sashimi, and some California rolls for Angela. Then I got some spicy crab and tuna roll, avocado on the side. We both began to eat, enjoying and savoring the wonderful taste. "Can I try one?!" She asked excitedly. I nodded and she hastily tried to grab one. Underline, Tried. Her chips to is kept slipping off so I had to feed it to her, which made the chef let out a 'aww' then he whispered something another chef. But I didn't care, I had Angela here, and sushi. My favorite things. (You forgot to mention Angelas ti-  excuse tomato. She's dirty.) Her face started turning red as it was too spicy. She gulped down her Sprite and let out a relieved sigh. "How can you handle that?" I shrugged. "Dunno." (Same way you handle Genji's dragon.) She sighed again and ate a roll, eventually though, she needed to ask for a fork because she just couldn't pick them up. The waitress seemed to find it funny as she walked away with a grin and a lot of laughter. I did too, I was  laughing so hard my stomach hurt. "S-Shut up!" She said, embarrased. Then the waitress came back with two bowls and she set them down on out table along with some forks. "Two orders of mochi." I shook my head. "We didn't order this." I said politely. She smiled, "Chefs treat for the lovely couple." She winked and scampered off to some other table. Angela seemed to be confused but fascinated. "Wow, it looks, really cool actually." She smiled and pressed her fork into it. "And squishy!" I smiled and picked up mine, tearing a little bit and popping it in my mouth. "Rice dough with ice cream inside. It's super good, but super cold." I said as my brain started freezing. I noticed Angela had her face scrunched. "Wish you said that sooner." We both had our mini brain freezes and shared a few laughs before heading home and collapsing on the bed. After all that, I was just about ready to sleep. Angela cuddled into me, her wings tucked under the blankets, heating them. Her face buried into my tank top, and the small hum of my mechanical body lulled me to sleep.

(Excuse tomatoes side notes near the end. She forced me to leave them, and is totally not writing this right now. Byeeeeeeee)