18 » curry

――

――

Peering from shelf to shelf, Chaerin pondered what she should make for dinner tonight. Right after her shift ended, she rushed to the mini market near the cafe to buy ingredients for dinner. Minutes of thinking passed, she settled to have curry rice as dinner tonight. She would have to shed sweats to make the dish, but she was particularly happy tonight so she wanted it to be special. Meeting her old friend really boosted up her mood.

Fishing her phone from her bag, she searched up the ingredients she needed to make the dish―in case she forgot anything. It would be troublesome if she must go back to the store later just because she forgot a thing.

After scrolling some pages, she scanned through the list of ingredients and checked her trolley, making sure she had everything on the list. She then nodded and gave an approving look before putting her phone back.

She pushed her trolley and made her way to the cashier, joining the queue and impatiently wait for her turn to pay. She checked her wristwatch once in a while, hoping that she wouldn't be so late. The idea of Taehyung starving really made her feel bad.

Carrying the plastic bags filled with ingredients she bought, her face scrunched due to the amount of things she's carrying in her hands. Many ingredients were needed to make curry rice, so she had to sacrifice her energy to take it home.

"Hey, isn't that Chaerin who has mute boyfriend?" As she got nearer to the apartment block, two middle aged women were standing adjacent to the main entrance, whispering which turned out way too loud even Chaerin could hear their conversation. It was pretty obvious that they did it on purpose.

'There you go again.' Chaerin rolled her eyes. It felt like déjà vu―but not really. It was kind of expected and she was already used to hearing nasty comments from people in her neighbourhood. Sometimes Chaerin wanted to rip off her hair because of the stupidity she received. They talked about Taehyung as if he was a misfortune for her when the fact he wasn't. For Chaerin, Taehyung was a blessing.

Ignoring the women, she simply walked into the apartment and waited for the elevator. She decided to not care about those women because she didn't want to be like them. Normal people shouldn't deal with imbeciles, she thought.

Once she reached the destined floor, she stepped out quickly while carrying the dangling heavy plastic bags on both of her sides. She trudged towards her apartment unit and placed down the groceries to press the key and unlocked the door.

She entered the door and closed it again with her back since her hands were full.

Heaving a sigh, she placed the plastic bags on the floor and decided to breathe for a while. Carrying it along the way to here was really exhausting since she has a strength of a normal woman.

Footsteps crashed against the floor approaching her which definitely belongs to Taehyung. He immediately smiled when he saw Chaerin. 'Welcome home!' He showed his communication book to her.

Chaerin waved at him and he rushed to his side, helping his girlfriend to carry the groceries inside. Chaerin smiled and followed Taehyung to walk inside.

She plopped herself in the couch and fanned herself. Not so long after that, Taehyung came to the living room with a glass of water in his hand. He handed the glass to her which she accepted gratefully. "Thank you, Tae. Today was eventful!" Chaerin said before emptying the glass in one shot, letting the cold water to embrace her dried throat. A pleasant sensation.

'Did anything happen at work?' Taehyung showed his note as he took a seat beside Chaerin, scooting her closer to hiz arm as the sweet scent of her shampoo fused with his nostrils. Chaerin responded by leaning her head against his shoulder, smiling in delight.

"Today I finally met Jimin again after years," she muttered, still happy for what had happened today.

'Really?! That's so great. I'm so glad you and Jimin reunited after years. Your friendship is really cute, I must say.' This time, Taehyung used his phone to deliver his feelings instead of writing since Chaerin was in his arm, so it would be harder to write rather than type.

Chaerin chuckled. "Thank you, I'm glad too. Anyways, how was your day, Tae?" She asked in return.

'Today I watched a tutorial video about how to make a plushie since I had spare times. I am actually making something for you but I'll show it later once I finished with it.' He typed on his phone screen.

"Alright then. I'm honestly excited to see your gift!" She exclaimed and Taehyung patted her head while smiling to himself.

A/n; i wrote this half asleep so please do forgive me for the lame scenes :")