Homecoming

Once Jaeden and Sophia arrived at the school dance, Sophia immediately dragged Jaeden inside and started dancing to the music. Jaeden was laughing and jumping around beside Sophia. They were laughing and grinning and having a wonderful time dancing their hearts away. Once they had worn themselves out they sat at a small round table decorated with scented candles and talked about the random things that came to mind.

"You want some punch Sophia?" Jaeden asks suddenly

"Um, sure." Sophia replies as Jaeden walks away to grab two cups of punch. He hurries back to Sophia and sees that she is talking and giggling with Wyatt.

"Oh...Hey." Jaeden says and gives Sophia her punch.

"Sup Jae." Wyatt says as his smile slowly fades.

"Are you okay?" Jaeden asks, Wyatt nods.

"Ladies and Gentlemen! This is the moment you've all been waiting for! Homecoming King and Queen!" The principal's voice says from the stage. Sophia stands up beside Wyatt and claps. Jaeden starts to feel a hint of jealousy, he moves to where he's standing in between the two of them, Wyatt gave him a strange glare. Does he like Sophia?

"Okay! First and foremost, the Homecoming Queen!" The principal fumbles with a card then calls out a very familiar name. "Sophia Lillis!" Jaeden claps his hands together as a spotlight hits a very surprised Sophia. She happily skips up to the stage as she's crowned Queen. "Now! Time to crown the Homecoming King!" The principal once agaim struggles with the card then calls out the name of a smirking; "Wyatt Oleff!" Wyatt smiles and runs up towards the stage to be crowned. Jaeden was angry, shocked, and jealous, but he was still happy for Sophia.

"Now...the King and Queen may have their spotlight slow dance." The principal says with a happy grin. Jaeden looks at Sophia who looked at him and shrugged. Wyatt puts his hands on Sophia's waist and Sophia put her hands on Wyatt's shoulder and a slow song began to play... Jaeden couldn't watch the girl he loved dance with his best friend or maybe former best friend, Jaeden walked away and stepped outside of the school and sat quietly on a bench with his head hung low.