+ chapter 14 +

I glanced around nervously, even knowing that the floor was empty besides the two of us.

"In the library?" I whispered. His expression clearly showed his displeasure at my hesitation.

"Yes, in the library," he said. "Whenever and wherever I want you is where I'll have you. But only if you earn it, remember?" He gave me a cat's grin and patted his lap. "Come. Sit."

I got up and went to him. Before I could sit properly, he had snatched me by the waist and settled me down tightly against him. I could feel his bulge through his slacks and my eyes widened, immediately turned on. He took my wrists gently in his hands and placed them on the table on either side of the book, breathing a light kiss against my neck.

"Alright, Miss Lizbeth," Kahlan spoke just into my ear, sending very distinct chills down my spine that settled in my lower back. "Turn to page 394."

He released my wrists, and I began to flip through the book obediently. The section I had flipped to was 19th Century Poets, and I found the verses of Anne Reeve Aldrich – whom I had never heard of – upon the page he had told me.

"This isn't part of the reading," he murmured, his lips finding those sensitive spots along my neck and taking full advantage. "But I still think it's a valuable study." His fingers dug into my hips as he ran kisses up my neck so that he could nibble at my earring. I had the irrational urge to squirm away, the stimulation hitting that odd spot again that sent waves of tension down my back.

I was smiling with excitement, unable even to concentrate on the words before me. His grip tightened again, dangerously, and he growled, "Start reading, little girl."

I cleared my throat quietly, knowing that I would really have to watch my noise this time. "Servitude," I read. "By Anne Reeve Aldrich."

Kahlan's hands slipped under my shirt. They slid up my stomach and played over the surface of my bra, teasing upon the exposed parts of my breasts. I steadied my breathing, determined to resist him.

"The church was dim at vespers," I read. "My eyes were on the Rood." His fingers found their way beneath my bra. They flicked over my nipples, almost making me stutter. My breath hitched and he took a nipple between two fingers and squeezed. I closed my eyes and held my breath.

"Something wrong?" he taunted. His hands left my breasts but were now heading down. They stroked over every curve, taking in my shape as they found the top of my jeans. "Are you distracted?"

"No, sir," I said, opening my eyes determinedly. I looked back at the poem, my eyes barely focusing on the page. "But yet I felt thee near me, in every drop of blood. In-"

He had popped open the button on my jeans. He slid down the zipper, his fingers tantalizingly brushing over my panties. Not enough to truly stimulate me, but more than enough to encourage my excitement. I tried again to finish the verse, "In helpless- ah!"

His fingers had slipped beneath my panties, finding their playground on the most sensitive part of my body. It took all my focus to keep from moaning as Kahlan worked circular motions over my clit, sending shudders through me. I tried to stop my legs from beginning their telltale shaking.

"Go on," he ordered. "I didn't tell you to stop reading."

"I-"

His fingers entered me. I flinched, pressing back against him, a gasp forced from my mouth at the sudden intrusion. He held me tighter, keeping me firmly on his lap as he began to slowly pump two fingers in and out. I moaned from behind my tightly pressed lips, unable to keep it back. I felt Kahlan chuckle, and his fingers paused deep within me, caressing my very core.

"Keep reading, Liz," his said, his voice heavy with promise. "Don't make me punish you in here."

My backside tensed at the suggestion. I didn't even want to imagine how difficult it would be to stay quiet through one of Kahlan's punishments. Or worse, what methods he would use to make sure I stayed quiet. I clenched my hands on the tabletop, refocusing on the words.

"In helpless, trembling bondage," I said, "My soul's weight lies on thee." His merciless fingers were going to drive me over the edge. My voice was shaking. "O call me not at dead of night, lest I should come to thee!" I moaned again as I finished the reading, bowing my head toward the table as my pleasure began to peak.

"Don't come yet," he hissed sharply, but his fingers didn't still. "We're not done yet. Your lesson isn't over."

"Aahh, please!" I moaned. I tried to tense my muscles to prevent my orgasm, but that only drove me closer. I tried to relax instead, resulting in my entire body trembling as I struggled. "I can't, Kahlan," I whimpered. "I can't stop –"

His fingers immediately withdrew, and I almost cried out in frustration. With his hands on my waist he pushed me up and bent me over the table, pulling my jeans and panties down in one fluid motion. He remained seated behind me, and I heard him put his fingers in his own mouth, sucking off the taste of me.

God. Damn.

"If you can't control yourself, Miss Lizbeth," he said, his voice sounding stern. "Then I'm going to have to make this a bit more unpleasant for you. Put your hands behind your back."

I obeyed, whining as I did, forcing me to lean upon the table. I wondered if I could use the safety word to stop the teasing but still get an orgasm out of it. Somehow I doubted it. One utterance of that word and everything would shut down. I ground my forehead against the book as he grasped both my wrists in his hand, holding them firmly. The fingers of his other hand then stroked over my lips and pressed against them demandingly.

"Suck," he said. "Get them nice and wet."

I took his fingers in my mouth, running my tongue over them like I desperately wanted to do to another rock-hard part of him. Satisfied, his fingers withdrew and stroked suddenly over that other entrance down there. I squeaked and jumped against the table, causing him to press down more firmly on my hands.

"Relax," he said. "If you're tense, it will hurt."

"I'm not sure Kahlan!" I burst out, beginning to struggle against him. I'd never had anyone down there before. Even that subtle press from his fingers told me just how tight it was. He paused, luckily, and gave me a moment to breath.

"Do you want me to stop?" he said. He waited for my answer as I thought on it desperately. Of course I didn't want him to stop! I wanted him to keep going, to keep pushing, to throw me all the way to the edge and then ravage me over it. But I was scared too.

Somehow the fear made it even more delicious.

"No," I relinquished at last. "Please don't stop."