SIX:

AURORA SHUFFLED CLOSER TO CHARLES

AURORA SHUFFLED CLOSER TO CHARLES. Her arms were crossed over her chest as her body continued to shake.

"Why did it have to be thirty six fucking degrees tonight?"

Charles chuckled, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. "The doors will open in ten minutes. You'll be warm soon enough."

Aurora sighed as she rested her head on the crook of his neck. "Doesn't make me any less cold."

Charles rolled his eyes. Aurora smiled slightly as she watch Matthew wrapping his jacket around Elena's shoulders.

"They're cute."

Charles smirked with a short nod. "They are indeed. Is someone envying their best friend's relationship?"

"No, you idiot. I just think that Elena is genuinely happy, and I'm proud of her. After that bullshit with David, I never thought I'd see her smile at someone like that ever again." Aurora mumbled.

She bit down on her tongue. Charles was going to use what she just said against her. After all, she was hurt just like Elena. Elena wasn't willing to even look at another guy after David cheated on her... Aurora could only assume everything changed after she met Matthew.

A security guard had finally stepped out. Aurora was hoping Katherine was done setting up, so that he would let them all inside.

"Well, why do you think she's worrying about you? Especially after Paul called things off out of the blue?" Charles raised an eyebrow at her.

Aurora shook her head, "That's completely diff-"

Aurora quickly shifted her gaze once she heard the creek of the wooden door. Katherine stepped out, smiling brightly as she met Aurora's gaze. Aurora returned it, but clenched her teeth when a sharp breeze hit her for the tenth time within the twenty minutes of her standing there.

"Hey guys, come on in!"

Aurora sighed in relief. "Thank god!" She turned to Charles and grabbed his hand. "Let's go!" Charles chuckled as Aurora attempted to drag him into the building.

"Aurora, slow down!" Charles chuckled as they were now in the middle of the dance floor.

Aurora sighed as she brought herself to a full halt, releasing their hands and turning around swiftly to face him. Matthew, Katherine and Elena came up behind them shortly after. The room was already filled with strangers. Aurora swallowed thickly, the unsettled nerves quickly rising to her throat.