FIFTEEN:

"ARE YOU SURE YOU'RE NOT MAD?"

"Of course not! Really, Will?" Aurora giggled as they slowly approached the door to her apartment. "It's only a band. Don't stress it."

Will sighed as he shuffled his feet. "I just... I thought because of your tweets you'd still be-"

"Will, I was kidding!" Aurora grinned cheekily. "Besides, I can torture you with long hours of listening to every album and ep they've made, in their exact order, whenever and wherever!"

Will chuckled. "You really like this band, don't you?"

Aurora sighed softly. "Like is more of an understatement, but yes. I really like PVRIS."

Will smirked and shook his head. "Well, I'll definitely be looking forward to finding out why you like this band so much."

The two of them stood in front of her door, facing each other. Aurora tucked a stray hair behind her ear feeling herself start to tremble under Will's soft gaze. She couldn't understand why she always felt so nervous around him. 

"I had fun today." Aurora cleared her throat. "Thank you for inviting me."

"You don't have to thank me. I like spending time with you." Will shoved his hands in his pockets, smiling.

Aurora felt her cheeks warm as she ducked her head a little bit. "I like spending time with you, too."

Will chuckled softly. The two stood in a comfortable silence. Aurora glanced around, unsure of whether she should invite him into her apartment. But all she really wanted to do was run inside, bury herself in her comforter and pretend like this moment never happened.

"Do you... maybe, um..." Will spoke up suddenly, pulling Aurora out of her thoughts.

Aurora gazed up at him expectantly. "Do I...?"

Will shook his head. "Never mind, it's quite silly anyways. I'll be seeing you, Aurora." He placed a delicate kiss on her cheek before he turned, walking away from her.

Aurora watched as his figure disappeared down the hallway. It took her a couple minutes to process what had happened. Maybe she should've ran after him, or shouted his name just before he turned the corner. But instead, she shook her head, reaching in her bag for her keys. Whatever he wanted to say, he'll say it when he's ready. At least, that's what she wanted to believe.

If it truthfully was "silly" like he said, then she had nothing to worry about... right?

NOTE:
kind of back? sorta back? maybe back?
anyways, I hope this was somewhat enjoyable, this chapter took awhile even though it really shouldn't have. I originally wasn't going to publish this, but it fits a lot better for where I want to go with the next couple chapters. forgive me for making it so short though!

thanks to those of you who've stuck around and continue to read this story. you're pretty awesome. I'm so sorry it took years :(

— Skyler