Realease day/moving in

No ones POV
"So Lucy how are you gonna get into your apartment now?" Lucy looked at Natsu with a confused look. "Crap I didn't think about that."

Lucy was being released from the hospital today and didn't think about how she was supposed to get upstairs.

"What if you move in with Happy and I?" "No way!" Nastu looked at Lucy with a confused expression. "What's wrong?" "You would have to take care of me and..." Lucy began to blush at the thought of having her dragon slayer friend dress her and help bathe her. "And what? Come on tell me." Lucy let out a sigh, "You would have to help me get dressed and help me get clean." "What's wrong with that?" Natsu was as clueless as usual. "You would see me naked and I wouldn't feel comfortable around you like that." "Yeah,but you've both see each other naked plenty of times." Happy chimed in on the conversation and Lucy gave the feline a glare of death. "Shut it cat." "Ya know he is kinda right,but I could always just look away." Lucy looked at Natsu who had a completely serious face. "It's ok I could always just ask Levy to help me." "Yeah,but she's living with Gajeel now remember." Happy flew into Lucy's lap she was now sitting in a wheel chair. "Oh yeah I forgot... maybe Erza can help." "You can't have roommates at Fairy Hills unless they're animals." Nastu was pushing Lucy out of the hospital room as he spoke. "I guess I don't have any other options then do I?" Lucy sighed in defeat and Natsu flashed his signature grin.

Natsu and Lucy we're almost at front doors of the hospital,but before they made it the mayor stood before them. "Miss I wanted to thank you for taking out forty-nine of those monsters also for risking your life as well." The mayor held out an envelope that was filled to the brim with jewel. The three friends eyes widened at the sight. "Thank you,but I can't accept this." The mayor looked at her as if she had three heads. "No I won't take no for an answer. You gave up your legs for our safety,so I won't leave till you take this money." Lucy was hesitant she felt bad taking the money when she hadn't completed her task. "Thank you I'm really sorry I couldn't defeat all of them." "Please you did more than enough I'm sorry I didn't know how powerful the last one was." Lucy looked at the mayor with compassion and reached out her hand to shake his. They shook hands and parted ways heading back to Magnolia.

Lucy and Natsu arrived at the guild and went through the large doors. Everyone turned in they're direction and broke out into tears. Everyone in the guild started to crowd them and talk all at once."Lucy we were so worried about you." Erza ran up with Gray and Wendy. "Guys it's cool I'm just a little sore." "How can you say it's cool when you can't walk." Wendy was wiping away her tears with the back of her hand. "Wendy... I'm not in pain so it's ok and Natsu is going to take care of me so it'll be fine." Everyone looked at Lucy with a concern in their eyes and then at Natsu. "Your trusting that flame for brains to take care of ya?" "You don't think I can take care of her popsicle." Natsu and Gray began to butt heads with on another. "I know that Happy could probably take better care of her than you could." "Boys!" Erza's voice broke the two up.  "Don't worry Gray I trust Natsu besides I don't have anyone else I can stay with." "See she trusts me and I'm gonna make sure Lucy is comfortable as possible." Nastu flashed a wide grin and everyone smiled in return. 

Natsu pushed Lucy to her old apartment so that she could talk to her landlady and give her the last month of rent.

Natsu knocked on the landlady's door and the two waited for her to answer. The door cracked open and then opened fully.

"Lucy what happened?" The landlady looked at her soon to be ex-tenant in surprise. "I got beat up by a monster on a job ,and now I'm paralyzed from the waist down. I came to give you the last of my rent,since I'm going to be living with Natsu now." Lucy gestured towards Natsu on the last part and handed the money to the landlady. "Keep the money Lucy." Lucy looked at her in surprise and smiled. "I can't do that it's the one time I've paid my rent on time please take it." The landlady sighed in defeat and took the money.

"Take as long as you need to get your stuff out." The landlady smiled at Lucy and she smiled back. "Thanks." She closed the door and Natsu carried Lucy upstairs on his back. "So I guess we can grab some clothes first and then we'll move everything else out later." Lucy nodded in agreement with the dragon slayer as he opened the apartment door. "Where are we gonna fit a bed for me?" "Well if  Happy and I clean up a bit we might have enough room,or I could build an add on to the house. Happy and I built it together a while ago,so adding on a part shouldn't be hard." Lucy smiled at Natsu and he set her down on her bed.

"I'll pack up all your clothes and any extra stuff you need." "Ok thanks Natsu." Nastu began packing two suitcases worth of clothes and extra stuff like hygiene related items. When he was done he grabbed Lucy and went back downstairs.

Nastu pushed Lucy to his house and led her inside. The house was cluttered with various items everywhere. "Sorry for the mess Happy and I like to keep stuff from our adventures." "It's cool,but if you built a shed you could keep all of this ,and then you would have enough room for my bed and stuff." Nastu nodded his head at Lucy's comment and left her wheelchair at the dining table. "Are ya hungry?I'm a pretty decent cook." "Yeah I am feeling a little peckish." Natsu smiled at Lucy and headed over to the kitchen area of his little house. He pulled out various ingredients and some pans and began to cook.

"All done." Nastu smiled triumphantly as he set the food in front of Lucy. "It smells amazing. Why didn't you tell me you could cook?" Natsu shrugged his shoulders and sat next to Lucy. Lucy lifted her fork to her mouth and took a bite that made her face light up. "This is delicious Natsu. Where did you learn how to cook like this?" "Mira taught me when I was younger." Lucy smiled brightly as she lifted another scoop of food to her mouth. She had never tasted anything as good as this before.

Natsu grabbed Lucy's plate,and put it in the sink. "That was the best thing I've ever tasted thank you." "No problem it's fun to cook for someone else who likes something other than fish." Natsu flashed a grin at Lucy and sat back down. "So you're gonna have to sleep in my bed till I build that shed." Lucy looked in the direction off the hammock that he slept in. "Where will you sleep then?" Nastu shrugged his shoulders in response. "I'll probably set up something on the floor. It's my job to make you feel comfortable so I don't mind." Natsu grinned as he said the last part.

(At guild)

Everyone at Fairy Tail was sitting in mostly silence. None of them could really grasp how Lucy was handling the whole thing so well. "I wonder if she is only smiling for our sake." Wendy said sitting with Carla,Happy,Erza,and Gray at one of the large tables. "Who knows Lucy has always been pretty tough,but in this kinda situation it could be just an act." Everyone's attention turned to Gray as he spoke. "Even if it is an act it doesn't make it any less hard. Lucy won't be able to go on adventures with us anymore,and even if her spine healed completely it would take a miracle for her to walk again." Happy looked down at the table with tears forming in the corners of his eyes. "Wait she might be able to walk again?" The whole guild turned they're attention to Happy. "Yeah ,but the only ways would be through a risky surgery,or we would have to wait and pray that her spine heals. Lucy doesn't want the surgery though." Everyone's eyes had sadness in them again,but small shreds of hope still remained in their hearts.

(Back at the house)

"So you beat forty-nine monsters all by yourself?" Natsu wanted to know about Lucy's mission since she had mostly slept when he went to visit her in the hospital. "Yeah you probably could've taken them all out with one fire dragon roar,but I wasn't even tired after fighting all of them." Natsu grinned at Lucy, "Ya know you've gotten a lot stronger since you joined the guild."