things to consider when starting a youtube channel

there are a few components of things you should keep in mind before starting a youtube channel (which I will address) ;
O1. are you ready for your schedule to become extremely busy?
O2. are you doing this for yourself or just to get popular?
O3. are you ready to accept hurtful comments?
O4. what kind of channel do you want?

O1. are you ready for your schedule to become extremely busy?

in order to have a successful youtube channel, you need to be active. you can choose to post every 2 weeks if you’re busy (like me), but most youtubers post once a week or more. the more content you have, the more popular your channel will hopefully be. if you’re in school, it can be hard, because school can bring unexpected stress to your life and if you live at home and there are people at your house all the time, it can be hard to film privately.

O2. are you doing this for yourself or just to get popular?

before you consider starting up a channel, be sure you’re doing this for your own enjoyment and pleasure. if you like talking about makeup or if you decide to have a video diary (vlogs) of your life, then by all means, do it. however, if you’re doing it for subscribers, it’s not going to be easy and it’ll be stressful. it’s hard to get subscribers now, especially if you’re planning on doing a channel that is in the same genre that a lot of people do.

O3. are you ready to accept hurtful comments?

just know that you WILL get negative comments. it’s normal and you can’t ever escape it. don’t get over-dramatic about it. if someone says something about your videos, you CAN take it as constructive criticism, but don’t take it too seriously. this goes for any other social media that you might be on.

O4. what kind of channel do you want?

finally, if you are completely sure that you want a youtube channel, it’s nice to consider what kind of channel you want. there are many types of channels, which I’m sure you might know. it might be best to have an “everything” channel, so you won’t have the pressure to release content that is strictly according to the subject. however, if you want a specific channel, here are some types:
+ gaming
+ makeup
+ hair
+ vlogs
+ music
+ short films
+ cooking
+ etc etc etc.

you can have a channel about anything!

I hope this helps people that are looking to start a youtube channel.

here is my channel: youtube.com/GraceKhieu c:

see you next time!

▬ grace. ♡