Can't Choose Family

**On a very serious note, I want to say thank you to all of you for showing me endless love and support right now. It's been really hard and it hasn't even been 24 hours. The only thing keeping me from just doing nothing and crying is writing, so here's your guy's update for the day.

Hold your loved ones close and tell them how much they mean to you. You never know when the last time you will see them is.

The following was an author's note I wrote right after writing this chapter: Alright ya'll, please keep in mind that this book is a work of fiction! I literally googled "rural villages in Ireland" and this town came up lol. With that in mind, everything I've made up past the name of the village is completely 100% fiction!! Also, the extra information about Irish wedding traditions came from here: https://bridalguide.com/blogs/bridal-buzz/irish-wedding-traditions**

UPDATE: IF YOU'RE A #RR THEN YOU'LL NOTICE THERE'S BEEN A SLIGHT CHANGE IN TANNER'S SITUATION WITH HIS SISTER. THIS IS FOR THE PURPOSE OF TANSY AND TANNER'S BOOK PLOT.

Evan's POV

Everyone had taken a seat at the table as a slightly awkward silence settled around us. For whatever reason, only Scar's grandmother and his two uncles came to dinner tonight while the cousins must have stayed home. Or went out to the bars. I really need a drink right about now. I cleared my throat before getting up and serving Scar a bowl of stew before spooning out my own and passing over the pot to Scar's uncle. I knew it was rude not to serve the guests first, but I didn't want to hear Scar complain that I didn't do him first.

"I'm not sure how you guys do it in your home, but we pray before meals in our own." My mother spoke with a soft smile directed at Scar's grandmother. She smiled widely before grasping hands with me and her son and bowing her head. Scar rubbed the back of my knuckles as my father said our prayer, soothing down my still-heightened nerves.

"So, we should start discussing wedding preparations, yes?" Scar grandmother spoke, getting right to the point and catching everyone off guard. Scar choked on the spoonful of stew he'd just eaten as I patted his back to help him clear his airways.

"Eilis." Scar growled in warning, though she completely ignored him and his tone.

"Um, I suppose we can, that's not a problem." My mother stuttered while shooting me a confused glance. I shot her a strained one back, which only served to further her confusion.

"We've got a plot of family land that we've held every marriage on since the start of our legacy. Well, except for Sebastian's father, but we didn't really consider him family after what he did all those years ago." The older woman rambled off.

"The only issue I see with that is making everyone travel to another state for this wedding. All of our my family and friends are here, and Scar has said there's really no one on his own invite list except for some childhood friends, whoam of which are also located here as well." I explained, trying to stop her train of thought before it gets out of hand.

"Nonsense. We will pay for all of the travel and lodging expenses. It is of no concern. The little village is finally starting to grow and become more modern, so I have no doubt everyone will love it!" She insisted with a wave of her hand. I squeezed Scar's hand as a way of saying help me but he just shrugged his shoulders, also not knowing what to do about the situation either.

"Where exactly is this plot of land?" My father inquired while wiping his mouth off with his napkin before setting it down and going full business mode. I was used to seeing this look on his face whenever he was in the middle of a conference call when I was little.