One

Zach

I stood on the steps leading to the front door to my parents place. I was excited, yet terrified at the same time.

Today was the day.

I knock on the door and smile as a woman about the same height as me opens the door.

"Zachary!" She yells gleefully, running out and hugging me. My father followed soon after, and trailing behind him were Reese and Ryan.

I pick up Reese and kiss her cheek, smiling a big smile at her. "How was my favorite sister?"

"I'm your only sister, Zach." She giggled and hugged me. I set her down and hugged Ryan.

"And my favorite brother." I said, messing up his hair. He just grunted and rolled his eyes, smiling at me.

"C'mon. Food is cooking." My mother says and we step into the house. I walk into my room and place down my bag.

My room was the same as always. Messy. I never really wanted to clean it. And it was clean enough.

As I avoided the small piles of clothes on the floor, I walked into my bathroom. I looked up into the mirror and took a deep breath.

Oh lord.

I must've been there for a few minutes because there was a knock at my door. I ran out and opened it to Reese.

"Zach, you want to go outside for a while? I'm bored." I smiled and nodded, walking out of the door Reese once stood at.

She was at the front door, stepping outside and I ran after her. We played cat and mouse for a bit until I got tired and took a seat on the grass.

I sighed and looked up to the sky. Reese got up and tugged at my arm.

"Can we play tag again? I'm still bored." She whined.

"I'm sorry." I said to Reese. "I have a lot on my mind right now." I stood up and chased her again.

It quickly ended when my mother told us food was done. We walked into the house and to the dining room quietly.

While we ate, my father turns to me. "Zach." He starts. "You've been awfully quiet and hardly ate. What's going on?"

I looked down at my food and sigh. "I-I need to say something."

I stand abruptly and take a deep breath.

"I am gay."

My father stands up and points to our hallway to our rooms and looks at Reese and Ryan. "Room. Now."

They get up and scurry to their rooms. My father looks at me with a glare.

(A/N: I am not saying Zachary Dean Herron's father is homophobic. It is just to escalate the story. I am sorry if this has offended you. Btw I don't know Zach's father's name so comment what it is. In this chapter I am calling him Jay.)

"I will not have a son who is gay living under my roof. Get the hell out." He said.

"Jay. You can't possibly-"