Ten

Zach

I woke up to a jolt of the car. My eyes opened slowly and I peered out the window before looking to Jack who was driving while I was sleeping.

"Where do you want to eat?" He asks me. I yawn and stretch, finally sitting up strait. I shrug.

"Ihop? I've been craving pancakes." I say. He nods and asks me to search up the closest one. I pointed him in the right direction and we drove the few miles there.

We ordered and ate quickly, and a few people walked up to us and ask for photos. We agreed and stood, took pictures, and ate the rest of our food.

We walked out to the car. It was my time to drive, so I hopped into the drivers seat while Jack got into passengers.

"Where are we?" I ask Jack. He pulls out his phone and checks our location.

"In We are in Texas. Five hours away to be exact." He says smiling. I nod as he puts in the directions and I start to drive.

I hand him my phone. "Call Ryan." I say.

"Why not your mom?" He asks scrolling through my contacts.

"She never told me about my father. And, plus, it would be a nice surprise for her." I say smiling. He nods and turns down the music as he turns on speaker.

The phone rings two times before it was picked up. "Hello?" Came through the phone.

"Hey Ryan. I just wanted to tell you that we are five hours away. How was yesterday?" I ask.

"Okay. Dad didn't come home last night. Are you with anyone?" He asks.

"Yeah. Jack is here. Im driving and he has it on speaker." I say. Jack sneaks in a "hi".

"Okay. How long will you be staying?" He asks.

"A week. Maybe a little bit more." I say.

All of a sudden, my mind goes to my father. I tense up, my eyes fogging up as I think about him.

Jack was talking, but I couldn't hear any of it. My mind was full of my father and what he could do to me or what he has done to my family.

"Zach! You're going into the other lane!" He yells grabbing the wheel. I snap out of my trance and pull back into the correct lane.

"Sorry. I'm thinking about...him." I say. Jack looks at me concerned but he doesn't say anything.

I take a deep breath and keep my eyes focused on the road. "Ryan, when I get home, everything will be better. I promise." I say.

"...Are you sure?" He says unsteady.

"He won't do anything to you." I say. I look at the map and see that we have drove thirty minutes. Four and a half hours left.

"Zach, I'm gonna go. Call when you are a few minutes away." He says. I nod even though he can't see me as Jack ends it.

We drove in silence until Jack pulls out his phone and starts taking a video.

"Guys! Zach is driving." He says faking surprise.

"An. I haven't crashed." I said smirking. Jack laughs.

"But you almost did." He said. I rolled my eyes as he put his phone away. I concentrated on the road, sometimes stopping along the way for gas or take out.

"Daniel texted. He asked if we were fine." Jack said typing on his phone. I nodded my head in Acknowledgement.

"Why don't you sleep? You were awake most of the night and today." I say to Jack. He shrugs.

"I'm not tired." After he says that, he yawns and covers his mouth in a failed attempt to hide it.

"Sure. Now go to sleep. I will wake you when we are thirty minutes away." I say. He rolls his eyes but relaxes, soon falling asleep.

I would glance at Jack's sleeping body ever so often and think about him. He was so cute, so beautiful, while sleeping.

He had nowhere to put his contacts in at, so he left his contacts at home and brought his glasses, which made him ten times more cuter.

About two more hours past so I decided to wake up Jack. We were thirty minutes away, and he told me to wake him up.

"Jack." I say shaking his shoulder while keeping the other hand on the steering wheel. "Jack, wake up."

"Hmm." He says opening his eyes. I glance at him but go back to driving.

"We are thirty minutes away." I say handing him my phone. "Call Ryan." I say.

He nods and finds his contact, pressing it and putting it on speaker.

"Hey Zach." Ryan says. "How far are you away?"

"Twenty five minutes. Has he shown up?" I ask.

"No. But he probably will." He says sadly. I take a deep breath.

"Okay, well, we will be there soon. See you." I say.

"Bye Zach." Jack ends the call and hands me my phone.

"Thanks." I say as he starts playing music. We were about ten minutes home by this time.

As we pulled into the driveway, I turned to Jack and smiled. "Thank you for coming. Especially how things are right now." I say looking down. He puts his hand on my shoulder and I look up at him.

"It's fine. I want to help." He says. He turns to the door and opens it, hopping out and going to the back seat to get his things. I shake my head and hop out my door and went to go get my stuff.

I smile as I walk into the door with Jack behind me. I smile when I see my mom at her desk doing work.

"Hey mom." I say and she turns around quickly.

"Zach! Why are you here? And you brought Jack too?" She asks running up to me and wrapping her arms around me. I laugh but that quickly went away.

"I heard what he was doing, so I came as fast as possible. And I wanted to surprise you." I say with a grin. She smiles and hugs me again, then letting go and going to Jack.

"Hi there Jack. It is good to see you again." She says. We sat there in silence until I spoke.

"Jack, let's go bring our things to my room." I say, walking into the hall that my room was connected to. Jack followed pulling his luggage along too.

It was funny how Jack reacted when he saw my room. According to him, it was messy, but it looked fine to me.

"My room is not messy." I say to him. He rolls his eyes.

"You know what? I'm gonna clean your room." He says, grabbing the closest piece of clothing and throwing it into my hamper.

"Fine." I say walking out of my room. "I'm gonna tell Ryan and Reese I'm here." I say. I walk up to Reese's door and lightly knock.

"Come in." She says. I open the door to Reese holding two dolls.

"Zach!" She yelled jumping up and running over to me. She wraps her arms around me and I laugh.

"Reese, how are you so adorable." I say rubbing her head. She makes a fake angry face which makes me laugh.

"Is the other boys here too?" She asks me. I shake my head.

"Jack is though." I say. Her eyes lighten up because Jack treats her like a sister too.

"Where is he?" She asks looking up at me.

"He is in my room cleaning it." I say. She runs out and to my room, and when she sees Jack, engulfing him in a hug. He laughs and grins down at her while I roll my eyes smiling and walking to Ryan's room to tell him we are here.

I swear, Reese likes Jack better than me, but I am okay with that. I mean, who couldn't love Jack?

——
This is a long chapter. I accidentally updated it while making it, so sorry about that. Rip. Anyways, go follow my fan account on Instagram @WDW_Spread_Positivity. Comment on my most recent post that you came from here!

Word Count: 1364