5;

"chaeyeon," her best friend jieun waved in front of her.

"chaeyeon!" she was still zoned out.

"i can hear your fucking music, turn it down. you know, you could die from earbud injuries or whatever," jieun rolled her eyes.

"then let me die," chaeyeon tightened her hoodie and put her head down on her desk.

she had a law/debate exam that day, and she was definitely not prepared. she had gotten no sleep over the exam and still felt no confidence towards it.

chaeyeon had come to the point in her life being a smart student where she really didn't care about her grades and just wanted the quarter to be over. then the cycle would begin again, and it's just one big cycle until summer.
(a.n: me thoo)

chaeyeon had befriended jieun through mutual friends, so she didn't know about stuff that happened in grade school. the only person worth telling are friends from her old school, despite the fact jieun is her best friend and all.

"i mean, i would be complaining about the chemistry equation reminder today but, you know, it's easy," jieun shrugged. jieun was a level below her and her school ranking was much lower than chaeyeon's, but she was still smart and tried enough to be in one AP class. chaeyeon, on the other hand, is #11 in the whole school.

"chemistry?" chaeyeon opened her eyes slightly. "whatever, i'll fail that too. i. don't. care."

chaeyeon walked out of the classroom and sneaked her phone into her hoodie pocket; there was only 10 minutes left until mr. yoon comes in and dismisses them, who cares? it was almost 4:30 pm, she thought. no biggie.

chaeyeon had been dealing with a lot before she had reunited with guanlin, which seemed to be her only artificial happiness at the moment (along with watching exo videos, of course). she had recently recovered from a flu, and her vocal classes had doubled due to the fact the faculty thinks she has potential and are thinking of sending her to the city championships.

chaeyeon questioned so many things at once, her mind was a battlefield all day, even when she's trying to focus after school. socially, jieun and her gang kind of vibe squad were her main friends and she hung out with them mostly. she wasn't close with some of them, which caused her to run off and hide in the dance room when she can so she doesn't have to start conversations with them. she would rather not make any new friends, really.

other than academics and social achievements/friends, she had discovered recently that her ex and the latest bitch had started dating. it's all anyone would talk about, and no one really knew they were dating when she was in a relationship with him, anyways. everyday, she tells herself to brush it off, but it's hard when your ex goes to the same school as you. even with 2000 kids and no classes whatsoever, chaeyeon always ended up accidentally bumping into him once a week, like some creepy tradition.

"woojin," she opened her phone to see a snapchat notification from him. it was just streaks since he still managed to keep a streak after they stopped talking. "fucking bitch."

she closed her phone and walked out the stall. the sun was slowly going down, and she began hurrying up as mr. yoon walked the halls to her homeroom.

chaeyeon's desk for the quarter, luckily, is next to the window while eunwoo's is 2 seats diagonally from the right. it was still enough to make small conversations between breaks.

"still?" chaeyeon walked in, breathless, and no sign of teacher. boys in the corner were on their phones, while girls in the front were obsessing over bts in a magazine.

chaeyeon slumped into her seat. eunwoo had probably left the class again, as her desk was clear but her backpack was still there.

a girl named yoonji was slightly friends with chaeyeon, but not enough for her to make a small conversation. not even "oh my god, the ac is so high, i'm freezing!!"

chaeyeon packed up her textbooks, pencil box, and slipped her phone back into her hoodie.

she watched the clock, mr. yoon.. late?impossible. he must be at an urgent meeting.

TO BE CONTINUED!
because im so lazy and i want to sleep hahahah

should i continue this ff? i'm republishing so many drafts right now..