Chapter 9

Ava's POV

Ebony and I were both sitting at her dining room table, doing our homework when I heard Juliet's phone ringing. We shrugged it off and continued on with doing our homework, paying no attention to anyone around us.

"Let me know what's going on." Juliet said.

"What happened?" I heard Andy ask, getting my attention.

"Jinxx called and said Chantelle's in the hospital."

Ebony both looked up from our papers and looked at each other. I got up from my chair and walked into the living room. "M-my mom's in the hospital? What happened?!"

"Ava, relax, your mom is going to be fine. She has a bad urinary tract infection, she's just being kept overnight for observation because of how sick it made her."

I sighed and went back into the dining room to finish up with my homework. I sat down and tapped my pencil against the table, not being able to concentrate. 

"Ava?" Ebony said, poking my arm.

"I need to get back home."

"Your parents aren't home though?"

"Well obviously the babysitter is there for Noelle and Logan, if I was there they wouldn't of had to call for the sitter. I'm sorry, Ebony but I have to cut my stay short."

I got up from the table and ran up the steps, going into Ebony's room. I grabbed my luggage, thankfully I didn't take anything out and rushed back down the steps, going into the living room.

"I hate to ask this, but could I go back home?"

"You made a smart choice." Andy said, getting off the couch. He grabbed the car keys from the table and we walked outside, getting into the car. We made it back to my house and I got out, picking up the spare key from under the door mat and walked inside.

"Ava?" Our neighborhood babysitter Sierra questioned.

"I'm back in the house, I'll let my parents know I'm back home. I'll take it from here and you can head home early." 

Sierra nodded her head and grabbed her keys, going out the door. For as confusing as it may have been, I had to come back and make things right with my dad, especially if my mom wasn't in the best condition.