Chapter 11

Chantelle's POV

I was laying in the hospital bored out of my mind while Jinxx was sitting in a chair next to me, fighting off sleep. He had taken the girls to school earlier in the morning and dropped Logan off with my parents for the afternoon. While he was out and about, I was getting more tubes of blood drawn and more tests done to see what's wrong with me.

"Mrs. Ferguson, how are we feeling today?" My doctor asked, walking in and giving us a smile.

"Well I'd rather be home instead of this place." I admitted.

"I don't blame you. Any pain or feeling nauseous at all?"

I shook my head. "Are my results back yet?"

"Yes everything came back and everything's normal except you have a very small kidney stone. I can prescribe you some antibiotics and tell you to get plenty of rest."

"So she can go home?" Jinxx asked.

"Yes, if you start to feel worse or run an extremely high fever then come back." The doctor explained.

I looked over at Jinxx and gave a small smile. "Well then let's get going."

The doctor left as I got out of the bed and started to dress myself. A nurse came into the room a few minutes later with a wheelchair and wheeled me through the hallways and to the entrance, where we waited for Jinxx to pull the car around. Jinxx helped me into the passenger seat and I strapped myself in as we drove back home.

We arrived back home and I rested myself on the couch letting out a loud sigh. Jinxx came in a few seconds after me and sat down, propping my feet up on his legs. I pulled the blanket off the back of the couch and covered myself with it as I tried to get comfortable.

"Do you need anything at the moment?" Jinxx asked.

"Would you mind getting my some aspirin? I'm actually having a tiny amount of pain."

"Not a problem." Jinxx smiled and left the room to return a few minutes later with a glass of water and two white pills in hand.

I gulped down both pills and closed my eyes as I pulled the blanket further over myself. I felt Jinxx give me a gentle kiss on the forehead and I gave a small smile.

"You need anything I won't be too far."

"Thank you, dear."

As soon as I said that I was in complete darkness and I was out like a light. Maybe sleeping in my own house will make me feel much better.

***********************************************************

Ava's POV

It was the last period of the day and I was anxiously staring up at the clock waiting for class to be dismissed. The faster I get out of here the faster I can get to the hospital and see my mother, I'm really worried about her. Because of how worried I am I actually made myself sick around fifth period and went to the nurse's office to lay down for a minute.

The bell finally rang and I scurried out of the classroom and headed to my locker to grab my things and I ran down the hallway trying to get to the entrance doors as quick as possible. Ebony saw me running towards the doors and didn't even think to stop and ask what in the hell my problem was. She knew exactly what was going on.

I got outside and waited in the pick up area for my dad to show up and was getting pretty impatient. Then again if he's driving all the way from the hospital I can imagine there's some sort of traffic he's going to hit. I saw my dad's car pulling up to the curb and I got in being rather confused because it took less for him to get here than I thought.

"You look like you've never seen me a day in your life." My dad laughed as we drove away.

"I thought you'd be at the hospital?"

"Mom came home today, she's a little groggy but seems to be doing much better."

"That's awesome!" Noelle cheered from the back.

"What did they say was wrong?"

"She has a urinary tract infection and has a very small kidney stone. She's on antibiotics and the doctor advised her that she get plenty of rest."

Hm, well that doesn't seem too bad? As long as she doesn't get worse than my mom should be fine. I smiled to myself and was feeling much relieved to hear that my mom was home from the hospital.