⇝ ɴɪɴᴇ ⇜

"So you're a demon," Wynonna noted from the left half of the truck's back seat

"So you're a demon," Wynonna noted from the left half of the truck's back seat. She figured it would be easier to have a conversation in the same space. Dolls was silent as he reluctantly drove them back to the homestead, he'd wanted to get rid of Reina but of course the Earp heir had other plans.

"Well I'm not entirely human that's for sure." The brown-eyed woman wouldn't look at Wynonna, too afraid to find out exactly what her thoughts on the situation were.

"So.. full moons?" Wynonna joked in an attempt to break the tense atmosphere.

"No. I'm a hellhound, not a werewolf." She smiled slightly.

"You just randomly get to be human then?"

"Okay, maybe I should explain?"

"That would be great of you."

"Right. The revenant asshole from the barn summoned me, that's why I'm here. I thought I liked him so we dated. Kind of? We made out a lot. Anyway," she cleared her throat. "Turns out he's an asshole. He wanted to use me to kill you, thank god that didn't work out. Meeting you wasn't an accident but it wasn't planned either."

"That explains why I didn't see you before. But the dog thing?"

"I was getting there. I'm a hellhound, literally meaning I came from hell and am 'the dog thing'." Reina smirked, using Wynonna's words. "More like part dog thing, the dog thing only happened after I died the first time."

"The first time?"

"House fire in 1698. It fucking sucked."

"Oh shit, sorry," Wynonna cringed at the thought of burning alive.

"It's fine. Can I show you something?"

"That sentence never ends well."

Reina laughed. "It'll be okay this time. Look," she held her arm out, focusing on something Wynonna couldn't see. Slowly, a small flame began to coil around and down Reina's arm.

"Holy shit," Wynonna mumbled under her breath as she watched it. Suddenly, it disappeared. She looked up and laughed. "Nice. There's another bonus of having you around. Also explains why you're always so warm." The last of her words trailed off a bit.

"Wait. You don't want me to leave?"

"No. Who wouldn't want a badass fire werewolf friend?"

"The one who spends most of her time fighting things similar to said fire werewolf."

"But if the fire werewolf helps fight?"
Wynonna tilted her head slightly, very clearly asking if Reina would stay. Although the only thing that could kill revenants was Peacemaker, the brown-eyed woman could definitely help with tracking and bringing them down.

Reina chewed on her bottom lip as she thought, eventually coming to the conclusion that Wynonna hadn't changed her mind. The only difference in their friendship was common knowledge of her 'secret'. She sighed, gaze raising to meet expectant blue eyes. "Okay, fire werewolf will help fight."

Wynonna grinned and suddenly lurched forward, arms wrapping around her friend. "Don't leave me alone with Dolls, he's scary when he's mad," she whispered in her ear. Reina laughed, nodding ever so slightly to confirm that she wouldn't. "Thank you." Wynonna kissed her cheek as she returned to her seat. Reina raised an eyebrow, but didn't get an answer because they'd gotten back.

Waverly practically shoulder-rammed the door open, sprinting out to the car. Wynonna was on the ground before her sister even said anything.

"Waves?"

"You need to get in here. Now."

"Whoa, slow down. Why are your eyes- have you been crying? Waverly what's going on?" The older Earp didn't even give her a chance to think, rapid-firing questions.

"It's Nicole."