⇝ ғᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ ⇜

Wynonna was simultaneously surprised and not at all surprised to learn that the bartender was a revenant. She hadn't known, nor did she suspect it, but this was exactly her luck and of course the probable father of the baby in her stomach was a revenant. Before she could shoot, however, Waverly reminded her that they were in a populated bar and didn't have the DNA sample they needed to prove it was or wasn't him.

As he turned his back to serve another customer, Waverly whispered a plan to her sister. They could leave out the side door and hope he'd follow them since almost every demon in town wanted Wynonna dead so badly. Once he was outside, Wynonna could shoot him to incapacitate him and Waverly could take a blood sample before he died. She had a syringe, always prepared for plan C when she had prep time. After they had what they needed then Wynonna could kill him, and nobody would hear the shots over the club music.

Of course, she was silently depending on the revenant being unarmed.

The sisters made their way towards the exit, bumping into multiple people while trying to navigate the crowd. The side door swung open under Waverly's hands. Somehow the sun was less blinding than the strobe lights inside the building, yet she still had to squint. She glanced behind her to be sure Wynonna wasn't too far behind and continued into the alleyway.

A gruff male voice broke the silence before they could get too comfortable in their creepy concrete surroundings.
"Do you know how long I've waited for this? To kill an Earp myself and brag about it?" the bartender chuckled. "And it looks like I'll be preventing any future heirs from being born, too! I knocked up Wynonna Earp! I'll be a fucking hero!"

"Yeah, I'm sure your buddies will be real thrilled when they find out you failed miserably," Wynonna responded dryly, drawing Peacemaker. He drew a revolver of his own in response and trained it on Waverly's head.

"One or the other, I'm sure it won't matter too much." He grinned, noting the fleeting look of uncertainty on the heir's face. Who would be the one to open fire first?

In one motion, she both pulled the trigger and shoved her sister off balance. The revenant was able to shoot before he and the gun were dragged below, and the stray bullet grazed Waverly's flailing arm as she almost fell.

"Son of a Byzantine emperor that hurts," she cursed. She was standing firmly on the ground again, cradling her forearm.

"Did he get you?" Wynonna tried to look at the wound.

"No, just a drive-by. Thanks to you," Waverly replied.

"Couldn't let my baby sister get beaned by Grabby McRevenant," Wynonna said with a bit of a smile, priding herself on the nickname.

"Bit of a problem though, we don't have the DNA."

"Which means.."

"Yup, you're gonna have to go talk to Doc."

Wynonna groaned. "Do I have to?"

"'Fraid so, but I'll go with you if you want?"

"You're the best."

"Obviously," Waverly joked.

~

Wynonna walked up to the bar at Shorty's and attempted to sit on a stool, couldn't keep her balance and slid off, then decided to stand instead. Waverly stayed by the door in case she needed moral support.