Turn 3 - Admit to defeat

Rather quickly, Jack had reached the northern warehouse, glaring at it behind the three men standing guard as he lay behind a building adjacent. He planned out his attack, psyching himself up, and lunging.

Not too long later...

His fist burnt as the final guy was taken down, yet it was done. He headed inside, cracking his neck to the side and slamming his other fist into the wall to ready it for more contact. When he entered, he found a large open space of nothingness except from a chair, rope, and a redhead being in the middle of the former, secured down and bleeding, scratched up and in clear pain.

More pain fell upon him as the leader of the rival gang whipped a piece of barbed wire across his right cheek, startling his face to twist away.

"B-bastard! I told you – I won't rat him out!"

"Come on, you're obviously not close, the fellow won't even know."

"No! It doesn't matter whether we're close or not, I'm no rat!"

"He's right, leave him alone!"

Emerging from the door, Jack walked closer, pulling off his brown armless jacket custom for their team and arching his back in a battle stance. Crow and Jack's eyes locked on each other, and to Jack's surprise, Crow smiled a quant, happy smile, relieved at his presence. Jack returned the pleasant smile, before frowning at the predator. Without thought, he ran at the man and struck his chest, knocking him back.

Quickly standing, the man chuckled and lashed out with the barbed wire, hitting and ripping Jack's skin from his forearm.

"Jack!" Crow called out at the yell Jack had let out at the sharp pain, now nursing the blood from the wound.

"I'm fine..." He answered, callous in tone.

Another lunge from the man stuck Jack's cheek, causing him to back away, but he returned fire and grabbed the end of wire, holding on with his strength, ignoring the spikes penetrating his fingers and tearing more skin.

"Idiot..."

The man yanked the wire back to himself, causing the stab wound to deepen in Jack's fingers, causing him to scream.

He did not let go.

Pulling hard, ignoring the pain surging through his limb, Jack managed to pull it closer, and kicked the man's shin, loosening his grip and allowing Jack to grab the wire all for himself. He held the bare end and lashed it out himself at the man, repelling him.

The leader realised his new disadvantage, and meekly gave up, running out after the rest of his gang seemed to leave, fearing the fact that half of team satisfaction had arrived in their territory and had threatened their leader.

Throwing the wire to the ground, Jack ran to Crow and untied him.

At this, and in great relief and respect for Jack from what he did, Crow threw his hands around Jack and hugged. To both their surprise, Jack hugged back, holding Crow tighter.

It was the perfect time. He would say the words.

But he didn't have to start it.

Through Jack's shoulder, Crow bit his lip and spoke out of tears.

"I- I'm sorry for what I did then... I don't hate you... I Lo-"

"Don't... I love you."

Crow gasped in Jack's arms. Did he say that?

"Jack... I- I love you more..."

A fight?

"I love you more, mate."

"No, I mean I love you more than... That..."

Jack pulled his head away slightly to look at Crow's face, beginning to understand.

"Good, because I do too."

They both leaned out from each other to see each other properly, and in doing so, they began to relax and warm up.

A stray hand of Jack's, bruised and bloodied, found itself on Crow's slit cheek and tilted his head up.

They leant in to each other, closed eyes, and locked lips.