chapter 8

aiki's pov

the bird has to come back from the watch tower with a document within 25 minutes. although it sounds easy to us humans, it must be hard for one to make a bird to get back with the documents. 

three soldiers, obi, lord brecker and i was assigned to follow shirayuki to the watch tower. actually, lord brecker and i didn't have to follow them there, but lord brecker had made an excuse to follow shirayuki to the tower. even though there are three soldiers and a trustworthy messenger, i still cant help but worry. so, i persuaded zen to let me go with them.

-

two soldiers were guarding the door, obi and i were looking out for any signs of the blue bird and one more soldier was with shirayuki. i had no idea where the lord was, though. i suddenly had a very bad feeling and couldn't help but to go up for shirayuki. 'obi, i'm going up to check on shirayuki.' i told him. as i walked upstairs, i heard lord brecker's voice. why the hell is he there? i quickened my pace and ran up the flight of stairs, only to see the lord pushing shirayuki into the room, then locking it up. the soldier wanted to say something but he saw my expression. 

full of hate and disgust.

'and what the f* are you doing?'