chapter 9

aiki's pov

my face was full of hate and disgust.

'and what the f* are you doing?' i hissed.

lord brecker jumped a bit when he saw me, 'o-oh, n-noth-'  he tried to excuse himself but was cut off by shirayuki. 'aiki! please help me open the door, he threw the bell into the lake!' she screamed. i glared at lord brecker and sighed, 'you a son of a b*, give me that key, now.' he clicked his tongue in annoyance and threw the key into the river, too. i tried reaching for the key, but i was a step too late. 'just because you're a shitty cupid, don't you think you can boss me around.' he shouted at me. not giving me a chance to reply, he scolded shirayuki who was miserably banging onto the door, 'listen, little girl. it's no use crying to the prince! no matter how he feels, he wouldn't do something so stupid as to believe you over me, his subject, and risk antagonizing those around him. sadly, that's what it means to be of different social status.' that was when i lost my cool and took the soldier's sword and pointed it at the lord's neck, 'OH WON'T YOU SHUT THE F* UP ALREA-!' 'aiki, keep calm, it's going to be okay.' i heard shirayuki mutter. i kept quiet, but lord brecker's life was still in threat as i didn't move the sword away.

'lord brecker, what you said is true,' shirayuki started. my breath hitched. 'i think there are times that we can't act on how we really feel. but if that's the case, i'm going to do all i can to make sure that doesn't happen to him!' i loosened my grip a bit, hearing shirayuki's words. although the idiot was near to death, he had the guts to say, 'what can you do, anyway?' making me tightened onto the grip once more. i heard her footsteps, 'anyway, the status of one who can't see the effort of someone to protect something,' she stopped for a bit, and heard her opening the window in the room. that's when i realized that she was going to jump. i stepped back, throwing the sword down, and was ready to kick the door down so i could stop her. 'IS LOWER THAN THIS WATCHTOWER!' she yelled. i used my full strength and kicked the door down.

but i was too late. she had jumped.