Chapter 7

Camile picks up her phone to check if she has any notifications. Or more specifically, any notifications from Instagram. She hasn't had any messages from Lewis in a few days, which has happened before when he was busy with race weekends, but it's not race week right now. 

So why is he not messaging?

Camila doesn't want to bother him, but she is a little confused with his lack of messages. She goes to her conversation with Lewis to send him a message. Suddenly she understands why she has no messages from him. She blocked him.

But she didn't. Did she?

No of course not! Why would she block Lewis? But he is blocked, so who did it. Camila quickly unblocks Lewis as she tries to think of who could've blocked Lewis. The only person that has been able to be on her phone is her brother Javier. 

He wouldn't, would he? It has to be him, but why? She rereads her last conversation with Lewis, but it doesn't tell her anything, except for the fact that she, or rather Javier, also asked Lewis to block her, which means that even though she has unblocked him, she still can't message him. 

And she has no other way of contacting him. 

Camila groans as she throws her phone on the couch. Why would he do that? And how on earth is she supposed to talk to Lewis again? She can't contact him on IG and he probably won't see it if she tweets him as he doesn't know her twitter handle. 

Camila grabs her phone again and opens her conversation with Javier, wanting to get an explanation from him.

Camila
why did you block Lewis on IG?

Javier
what?

Camila
don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about! i know you talked to Lewis on my IG and asked him to block me before you blocked him! why did you do that?

Javier
for your own sake

Camila
my own sake? what does that even mean?

Javier
you're talking to him whilst you don't even know him! you were going to meet up with him in England! do you realize how crazy that is?

Camila
maybe it is to you, but to me it's not! i enjoy talking to him and i want to meet him

Javier
i just want to protect you

Camila
i don't want you to protect me! i'm an adult, i can take care of myself

Javier
i'm still your brother and i'm supposed to take care of you

Camila
this isn't taking care of me! because of you, i can't talk to Lewis anymore

Javier
it's a good thing in the end, trust me! he'll end up hurting you no matter what

Camila
maybe, but then i would've figured that out myself!

Camila sighs as she puts her phone down again, not feeling like talking to her brother anymore. He ruined her relationship with Lewis. Now she just has to figure out how to get back in touch with Lewis. She can still go to Silverstone like they had planned, but that's still quite a while away and she doesn't want to wait that long. But she's not sure if she has another choice.