Chapter 11

Cover is made by WriteMyHeartOut75 please go check out her book 'Midnight Memories' if you have some time to spare :)

Unfortunately for Camila, Lewis didn't have any time to talk to her after FP1 or FP2. Or he didn't want to. Either way, he had let her know that he wouldn't have time until after the race, which is some sort of a relief for Camila. At least he wants to talk.  Now all she can do is hope he'll believe her when they do talk.

A weekend has never felt so long in Camila's life. Of course it was very exciting to see all the action on track, but still, time seemed to crawl by. But now it is Sunday night, which means it's time to talk to Lewis. Finally.

"Are you ready?" Pierre asks when he walks her to Lewis' room yet again.

"No, but I have to do this."

"Everything is gonna be fine, I promise."

"I hope so," Camila sighs when they reach Lewis' room.

"Wait here," Pierre says before going up the stairs that lead to the room. He knocks on the door and it doesn't take too long before Lewis appears.

"Is she here?" he asks Pierre, who nods.

"She's very nervous," Pierre says, which makes Lewis feel bad. That wasn't his intention, he just didn't feel ready to talk to her just yet.

"Tell her to come up," he says and Pierre nods again.

"Good luck man," he says before going back to Camila.

"Well?" Camila asks when Pierre reaches her.

"You can go up, he's waiting for you," he says.

"Thank you Pierre," Camila says before giving him a quick hug.

"Of course," he says before walking off. Camila takes a deep breath before going up the stairs. The door is closed, but Pierre said Lewis was waiting, so she opens it before going inside.

"Hey," she says softly, making Lewis look up.

"Hey," he says as he gets up, "I'm glad you're here."

"Yeah me too."

"Take a seat. Do you want anything to drink?"

"Some water would be nice," Camila says and Lewis nods before getting two glasses of water, giving one to Camila. Camila almost gasps when his hand touches hers, making her skin feel on fire.

"So, you said you wanted to talk?" Lewis says as he sits down across from her.

"Yeah, I want to explain what happened. I need you to know that it wasn't me who said I didn't want to talk and it wasn't me who blocked you."

"What do you mean?"

"It was my brother. When we were talking, he came over and he saw I was talking to you."

"Why would he do that?" Lewis asks and Camila smiles slightly as he seems to believe her.

"He did it to protect me."

"Protect you, from what?"

"From you, he thinks you'll end up hurting me anyway and it was better this way."

"And what do you think?" Lewis asks, wanting to know how she stands in all of this.

"I think he's wrong," Camila says, making Lewis smile. He gets out his phone and starts typing, confusing Camila. Then her phone buzzes. She looks at Lewis confused, but he just smiles at her. Camila takes out her phone and sees she has an Instagram notification.

lewishamilton
I missed you

"Really?" Camila asks surprised.

"Of course, I really liked talking to you and when you, or your brother, said you didn't want to anymore, I felt really..."

"Disappointed?" Camila guesses, but Lewis shakes his head.

"Hurt and alone."

"Alone? Why?" Camila says confused.

"Because you're the only one who doesn't see me as 'THE Lewis Hamilton'. You just see me as Lewis. This life can get pretty lonely sometimes and I had you to talk to. But then suddenly you were gone."

"I'm sorry," Camila says, now feeling even worse about what her brother did.

"It's okay, it's not your fault. I'm just happy that we're good now. We are, right?"

"Yes, we're good," Camila says, making Lewis smile. She picks up her phone and starts typing as well.

camila_palomo
I missed you too

The End!!!

Sorry it took so long and sorry for such a sucky ending! I just wanted to at leat give it an ending as I know how much it sucks when it's left open like I did. I hope you guys enjoyed this story! Please also check out other stories I'm working on! I actually just started a new story called 'Change the Future'. Please check it out, it's a bit of a personal story and quite important to me.

Love you all

Evy