Logic vs heart

"This is no longer your garden of eden, you're creator is kicking you out and taking you back home." He has a defeated look on his face.

"What the hell does that mean?" He looks at me and I can tell he doesn't want to answer me.

"Ok I haven't been completely honest. I was a government creation. They made me abnormally strong and wanted to see if they could make the perfect soldier. They didn't want the public to know so they sent me into a home where I would be raised normal and then when I was 13 they would take me and do what scientists do. Tests. My mother brought me here with out my dad knowing so he wouldn't take me back. She used to come and visit but had to stop when she went under investigation. I haven't seen her since. You need to go."

"Tarzan, I said I wouldn't leave you."

"They won't kill me but they will kill you. You are leaving." I have never heard this tone before. There's no way I can change his mind but I can't just leave him.

"Tarzan,"

"No. You will go with out me. Maybe we can meet up again. There is an island just a few miles north. You will go there. Wait there for a week if I don't come then signal for help. Planes fly over there all the time. Leave with food and okja. She knows what you can eat and she will keep you safe." Can I really just leave him? The only thing I've loved since Scott?

"Tarzan I can't just leave you. I love you."

"And I love you. So you must go. I will meet up with you later. We found each other once we will find each other again."

He spends the rest of the few hours we have left teaching me what to do and how to sail on the raft he made.

My worst fear has come true. Tarzan wasn't kidding and I actually have to leave. I start getting in the raft and I start crying.

"Tarzan. I don't want to leave."

"You have to. We will see each other soon."

"I love you. You're are the only thing that has ever made me think this much about Scott. You are the only who has made me feel okay about it. How do you expect me to just leave?"

"Because I've spent most of my life protecting you and I'm not going to stop now."

"What do you mean? We just met."

"Don't call me Tarzan anymore." He says quietly.

"Why? You aren't making any sense!"

"Tarzan isn't my name. You know my name." He says a little louder as he pushes me off into the ocean.

My jaw drops. I honestly don't know what to think. I look into his eyes as I start to drift away.

We're standing there in my front yard as some of our classmates ride their bikes past. "Oh look it's the branch twins."

"What do you want?" He asks assertively.

"Snappy. The trees have gotten to you."

"Why are you so mean?"

"James, lets just go to my house."

"Oh no I hurt your feelings."

"Just ignore him." He says to me as he grabs my hand and pulls me inside his house. "Lets watch cartoons."

I agree and we go up into his room. He turns on his tv and we sit on his bed. He pulls me under his arm and brushes my hair out of my face. "Don't ever let anybody make you feel bad. You are perfect and cute just the way you are." I smiled but I never really paid too much attention to his affection because it was so normal. I feel asleep on his shoulder and he held me there while I slept. 10 year old me never appreciated him.

He said something about that friend he loved dearly. He said he didn't think they loved him back. Was that me? What have I done for him? Nothing honestly. He has spent most of our lives protecting me. I start crying harder but I am started by the raft hitting shore. What have I done. I left him right after I found him. I have no idea what it is going to happen to him. I spent all of that time trying to get over him and now I've fully realized how much I love him. Apparently there is a crap ton I don't even know about him. And I was a coward and just left him? What kind of person am I? What have I done?

Okja nudges me to get off the raft. "We have to go back for him." I push back the raft off the shore. I get who knows how far out before the wind pushes me back into the shore. The wind is going to wrong direction. He did that on purpose. "Damn it Scott! Why won't you let me help you!? For once I just want to do my part. Let me help you!" I yell and my voice starts to go hoarse. I don't cry quietly and it always takes a tole on my voice. I fall to the beach and cry. The warm sand reminds me of the first day on his island. I just cry harder.

Okja nudges me but I don't move. She lifts me up with her nose and carries me off the shore. She sets me down and I look around. It's really dark but I feel structures. I wonder when Scott built this. I come to a door and I open it up. There is a window that is placed perfectly to let in moon light. I feel a bed but I'm now tired. If I'm going to see Scott again I need to be logical. I need to get all that food from the raft and put it in here and hide the raft like he said. I head out to the beach and I see lights in the direction of his island. They are looking for him. What if they kidnap him and I never see him again? What if they hurt him? Or worse kill him? How could I just leave with out him?! What's wrong with me. I'm going to go crazy I need to do something.  Something dramatic. I'm going after him and I will help him any way I can. I don't care if I have to swim.